[comp.mail.mh] Too many folders!

murthy@algron.cs.cornell.edu (Chet Murthy) (01/17/91)

I finally reached the limit on folders (100) in MH.  Is there any way to
increase this limit?  I got the inevitable message from "folders"
saying I had too many.

Thanks in advance,
--chet--

jromine@buckaroo.ics.uci.edu (John Romine) (01/17/91)

murthy@algron.cs.cornell.edu (Chet Murthy) writes:
>I finally reached the limit on folders (100) in MH.  Is there any way to
>increase this limit?

Sure.  It's in h/mh.h.  In the current release (MH 6.7.1) it's set at 300.
--
John Romine

jerry@ora.com (Jerry Peek) (01/17/91)

In article <50794@cornell.UUCP> murthy@algron.cs.cornell.edu (Chet Murthy) writes:
> I finally reached the limit on folders (100) in MH.  Is there any way to
> increase this limit?  I got the inevitable message from "folders"
> saying I had too many.

How about sub-folders?  These are folders with slashes in the names, like:
	+reports/january
	+reports/february
Just as UNIX has directories and subdirectories, folders can have
subfolders (and sub-subfolders, and...).

BTW, my favorite under-used MH operator is "@", the relative folder
operator.  For example, if your current folder is "proj/reports/january"
and you want to move message number 3 to the folder "proj/reports/march",
you can use either of these commands:
	refile 3 +proj/reports/march
	refile 3 @../march
In fact, the "@" operator works just about anyplace you can use "+".