[comp.mail.mh] how to save a copy of sent mail?

edmond@tripos.com (Edmond Abrahamian) (01/24/91)

How can one save a copy of sent mail messages automatically when they
are sent? I seem to have missing parts in the mh manual.

Any input is appreciated.

/**********************************************************
   Edmond Abrahamian                 +1 314 647 1099
   Tripos Associates             fax +1 314 647 9241
   St.Louis MO USA               uunet!...!tripos!edmond

                  I C, therefore I am.
***********************************************************/

jromine@buckaroo.ics.uci.edu (John Romine) (01/25/91)

edmond@tripos.com (Edmond Abrahamian) writes:
>How can one save a copy of sent mail messages automatically when they
>are sent? I seem to have missing parts in the mh manual.

How about adding a "Fcc: outbox" header to your components file?  This
is documented in the mh-mail(5) man page, in case you have that page
and want more details.
--
John Romine

wiseb@turing.cs.rpi.edu (G. Bowden Wise) (01/25/91)

> How can one save a copy of sent mail messages automatically when they
> are sent? I seem to have missing parts in the mh manual.

You can have messages automatically filed using the FCC feature of mh.
Simply include the FCC in your message that is being sent, for
example,

FCC: +outgoing

this would cause a copy of the letter to be filed in the mh folder
called outgoing.  I use several folders: one for outgoing mail and one
for replies.
- Bowden Wise
  Computer Science Dept, Rensselaer Polytechnic Inst, Troy, NY 12180
  internet: wiseb@turing.cs.rpi.edu      bitnet: bowden@rpitsmts