[comp.mail.mh] Using sub-folders

cczdao@mips.nott.ac.uk (David Osborne) (01/29/91)

I've started using sub-folders, such as +digest/errs for non-delivery
reports of a digest I edit.  While this works for filing and scanning,
"folders" doesn't seem to recognise any sub-folders I have.  Should it?

This is with
version: MH 6.5 #9[UCI] (clan) of Tue May 30 18:39:56 BST 1989
         [MORE='"/usr/local/bin/less"'] [MMDFMTS] [MMDFII]

(yes, I *know* it's old -- I've got MH6.7 on other systems, but the
 one in question is going to be decomissioned soon).

--dave

jromine@buckaroo.ics.uci.edu (John Romine) (01/29/91)

cczdao@mips.nott.ac.uk (David Osborne) writes:
>I've started using sub-folders, such as +digest/errs for non-delivery
>reports of a digest I edit.  While this works for filing and scanning,
>"folders" doesn't seem to recognise any sub-folders I have.  Should it?

If you have a "-recurse" option, then yes.  Otherwise, you'll have to
upgrade to get this function.
--
John Romine

cczdao@mips.nott.ac.uk (David Osborne) (01/31/91)

Thanks to John Romine and those who pointed out the -recurse option to
"folders", and who refrained from adding `RTFM'
(which I should have done first!)

--dave