[comp.mail.mh] slocal and .maildelivery files

jerry@ora.com (Jerry Peek) (02/06/91)

gary@willow.shell.com (Gary M. Lieberman) wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can get info on using programs like "slocal" and
> .maildelivary. I have seen them mentioned on the net but can not find any
> documentation on using them in the man pages or the new nutshell book on
> MH & xmh.

The mhook(1) man page documents this stuff pretty well, though it's not
all as obvious as it seems... I think it's a good idea to test your setup
completely after you finish it.  Another way to get information is by
reading back copies of mh-users (comp.mail.mh).  I've got copies of the
list for the last year or so; I'd be glad to run a "pick" and send copies
of the messages to anyone who wants them.

There are a few MH features like mhook, bboards and packf/msh that I had to
leave out of the Nutshell handbook because the book was packed with info and
features and getting just too darn big.  But I'm always glad to hear from
people who have suggestions/ideas/flames :-) about what is or isn't in there.

--Jerry Peek, O'Reilly & Associates, jerry@ora.com