[comp.mail.mh] Seeking vmh that will work on unpackf'd folders

cks@hawkwind.utcs.toronto.edu (Chris Siebenmann) (02/08/91)

 Basically, the Subject: says it all. I'm looking for a program/set
of programs that'll present a split screen scan+show interface to
regular, unpackf'd, MH folders. I've used GNU Emacs's mh-e interface,
but GNU Emacs is too slow on one of the machines and some of the
terminals I use, and besides I don't like loading up 3/4ths of a meg
of editor just to read my mail.

 Thanks in advance; any leads appreciated.

--
"The GNU kernel will be orders of magnitude better than either [BSD or
 SysV], and even now has none of the nitty-gritty kernel details that

aoki@hermes.Berkeley.EDU (Paul M. Aoki) (02/09/91)

cks@hawkwind.utcs.toronto.edu (Chris Siebenmann) writes:
> Basically, the Subject: says it all. I'm looking for a program/set
>of programs that'll present a split screen scan+show interface to
>regular, unpackf'd, MH folders.

Adam de Boor (bsw!adam) wrote a version of vmh that does what you
want.  I have placed a copy (vmh-2.2.tar.Z) on ucbvax.berkeley.edu;
note, however, that it is my working copy and has been diddled a
bit to compile easily on DYNIX.
--
    Paul M. Aoki   |   aoki@postgres.Berkeley.EDU   |   ...!ucbvax!aoki

allbery@NCoast.ORG (Brandon S. Allbery KB8JRR) (02/14/91)

As quoted from <10962@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> by aoki@hermes.Berkeley.EDU (Paul M. Aoki):
+---------------
| Adam de Boor (bsw!adam) wrote a version of vmh that does what you
| want.  I have placed a copy (vmh-2.2.tar.Z) on ucbvax.berkeley.edu;
| note, however, that it is my working copy and has been diddled a
| bit to compile easily on DYNIX.

Does it still muck around with the curses window structures?  The fact that I
can't make vmh work under System V curses is annoying....

++Brandon
--
Me: Brandon S. Allbery			    VHF/UHF: KB8JRR on 220, 2m, 440
Internet: allbery@NCoast.ORG		    Packet: KB8JRR @ WA8BXN