[comp.mail.mh] mh-users/comp.mail.mh archives are on ics.uci.edu

jerry@ORA.ORA.COM (Jerry Peek) (03/05/91)

In message <27CBECA2.16731@ics.uci.edu>, John Romine wrote:
> jerry@ORA.ORA.COM (Jerry Peek) writes:
> >One other idea:  Does anyone have an anonymous ftp area where you'd be
> >willing to keep archives of the mh-users list?  I've got archives from
> >1986 on that I'd be glad to give you, though they're not 100% complete.
>
> Well, at the moment, we happen to have the space.  Let's use it now
> before it goes away.  Put 'em on ics.uci.edu in pub/mh/mh-users.

Done.  Along with the FAQ list that Bill Wohler is putting together, I
hope these archives will help people get info about MH.  They're full of
tips, questions and answers, config files, draft template files, etc.

The files are in packf(1) format, compressed with compress(1).  To get
them, use anonymous ftp and set "binary" transfer mode.  Even though I
stripped out "Received" lines and etc., some files are pretty big:
	  8549 mh-users.86.Z
	 55449 mh-users.87.Z
	182805 mh-users.88.Z
	 89151 mh-users.89.Z
	402470 mh-users.90.Z
There are directions in the README file.  Basically, you can use
"inc -file" to get the messages into a folder, then use "scan", "pick",
"show", and so on (or your favorite commands in xmh, mh-e, etc.).

If there's a lot of interest in these, I hope a site or two outside
North America can pick them up.  If your site does -- or if you've got
comments, suggestions, or copies of old messages that aren't in the
archives -- please send me mail.  I'll try to keep these updated.

--Jerry Peek, jerry@ora.com