[comp.mail.mh] Getting an MH message back into maildrop format

swansonc@grendel1.acc.stolaf.edu (Chris Swanson DDN:(CDS6)) (03/06/91)

I am looking for a way to get individual MH messages (say +inbox/1)
appended to a maildrop (Unix mailbox) format file.  Just cat'ing them
onto the end of it does not work as the headers seem to be in a
different order, and I'm not sure what is supposed to go between
messages in a mailbox file.  The reason is that I need to put selected
messages back into mailbox format so my digest producing software can
read them and turn the mailbox into a digest.

Please reply via e-mail as I do not always have time to read news.  If
there is interest I will follow-up either to interested parties, or
the newgroup.

Thank's again,

	-Chris

--
Chris Swanson, Chem/CS/Pre-med Undergrad, St. Olaf College, Northfield,MN 55057
  DDN: (CDS6)	INTERNET:  swansonc@acc.stolaf.edu	UUCP: swansonc@stolaf

ziegast@EGYPT.ENG.UMD.EDU (Eric Ziegast) (03/06/91)

"Chris Swanson DDN:(CDS6" writes:
>I am looking for a way to get individual MH messages (say +inbox/1)
>appended to a maildrop (Unix mailbox) format file.

This one should definately go in the FAQ list.  Could someone repost
that wonderful awk "From " reconstruction script?