[comp.mail.mh] Does "repl -annotate" work with Xmh?

cowan@soleil.sps.mot.com (Andrew H Cowan) (03/21/91)

The "-annotate" switch doesn't seem to work when I reply,
or forward, messages using Xmh.  Is there a known bug in Xmh
that prevents "-annotate" from working?  Or, (more likely)
am I bozo?

Here's my .mh_profile:
   Aliasfile: /home/blah/blah/.mailaliases
   Signature: Andy "Kill -9" Cowan
   repl: -annotate -nocc me
   forw: -annotate
   dist: -annotate -editor prompter
   Editor: /usr/ucb/vi

-AC

PS:  It ("-annotate" )  works if I run repl or forw from the
command line using the same .mh_profile.

        **                   /   \                   **
     ** **                  |     |                  **
     ** ** **                \___/                   ** **
     ********                                        ** **
      ******         __                  **          ****
        **        \_/oo\_/              ****         **
........**..........\||/................****.........**...........
Andy Cowan...........||.............cowan@soleil.sps.mot.com......

davy@ERG.SRI.COM ("David A. Curry") (03/22/91)

     From:  Andrew H Cowan <usc!cs.utexas.edu!oakhill!nddsun1!soleil.sps.mot.com!cowan@ucsd.edu>
     Date:  20 Mar 91 22:27:24 GMT
     Subject:  Does "repl -annotate" work with Xmh?

     The "-annotate" switch doesn't seem to work when I reply,
     or forward, messages using Xmh.  Is there a known bug in Xmh
     that prevents "-annotate" from working?  Or, (more likely)
     am I bozo?

It's a bug:

% man xmh
[.....]
BUGS
[.....]
     - Doesn't support annotations when replying to messages.
[.....]

--Dave