[comp.mail.mh] refile then burst specific messages

irvin@northstar26 (Tim Irvin) (04/05/91)

I have a script that picks digest messages from my inbox, then refiles
them in the digest's folder.  I then want to burst the new digests into
individual messages.  Currently this pick selects the TOC from every
digest in the folder, including those which have already been "burst".
So when I issue the burst command on the pick'd sequence, I get numerous
"... not in digest format ..." error messages.

So I guess my question is:  is it possible to create a sequence containing
only the messages I just moved into a folder.  The sequence I used to
refile the messages is tied to inbox, and is no longer valid.  I would like
to now have a sequence containing all the same messages, but with the
digest folder's message numbers.

I hope this makes so sense, it's still early, and I am not explaining this
as well as I would like.  Please e-mail, or post any suggestions.

Thanks,

------------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Tim Irvin               |  Internet:           irvin@northstar.Dartmouth.EDU
Systems Administrator   |  Snail/Campus Mail:  HB 6028, Dartmouth College
Project NORTHSTAR       |                      Hanover, NH 03755
Dartmouth College       |  Ma Bell:            (603) 646-2814

jromine@yoyodyne.ics.uci.edu (John Romine) (04/06/91)

irvin@northstar.dartmouth.edu (Tim Irvin) writes:
>So I guess my question is:  is it possible to create a sequence containing
>only the messages I just moved into a folder.

I think the "Previous-Sequence:" profile entry will do this for you.
It does have some preformance penalties, however.  See mh-sequence(5)
for more details.
--
John Romine