[comp.mail.mh] things i'd like to be able to do at what now?

emv@ox.com (Ed Vielmetti) (04/14/91)

these should be easy, since you have all of the stuff handy to you;
appropriate hacks on the octopus book "append" script might well be
enough.

what now? edit addheader Fcc: +outbox
what now? edit addheader cc: mh-users@ics.uci.edu
what now? edit addheader X-Zippy-Quote: Yow!
what now? edit rmheader cc:			# i.e. -nocc all
what now? edit append-output grep domain.org /etc/hosts
what now? edit shell-command-on-body sed -e 's/please/pretty please/'

i hope the examples are self-explanatory, my actual names for the
commands would probably be cryptic and terse in the best tradition.

--
 Msen	Edward Vielmetti
/|---	moderator, comp.archives

"With all of the attention and publicity focused on gigabit networks,
not much notice has been given to small and largely unfunded research
efforts which are studying innovative approaches for dealing with
technical issues within the constraints of economic science."
							RFC 1216

ziegast@ENG.UMD.EDU (Eric Ziegast) (04/14/91)

Ed Vielmetti writes:
>these should be easy, since you have all of the stuff handy to you;
>appropriate hacks on the octopus book "append" script might well be
>enough.
>
>what now? edit addheader Fcc: +outbox
>what now? edit addheader cc: mh-users@ics.uci.edu
>what now? edit addheader X-Zippy-Quote: Yow!
>what now? edit rmheader cc:			# i.e. -nocc all
>what now? edit append-output grep domain.org /etc/hosts
>what now? edit shell-command-on-body sed -e 's/please/pretty please/'

what now? edit vi
A combination of "O", "dd","!}", and ":1,$ s/please/pretty please/"
would work just fine.  Faster too.  If you don't use vi, then maybe
it might be worthwhile to create these, but I (and probably other vi
users) probably won't.
Eric W. Ziegast, University of Merryland, Engineering Computing Services
ziegast@eng.umd.edu - Eric@(301.405.3689)