[comp.mail.mh] Query: margins in Athena Text widgets/Xmh

aperez@caribe.prime.com (Arturo Perez x6739) (04/15/91)

How can I set the right margin of the composition window in Xmh so
that no matter the size of the window lines will always break at 70
characters?

I've fiddled with Text.rightMargin: 70 but that seems to say "x pixels
from right edge of window, break line."
Arturo Perez
ComputerVision, a division of Prime
aperez@cvbnet.prime.com
Too much information, like a bullet through my brain -- The Police

nelson@wrl.epi.com (Ken Nelson) (04/16/91)

In article <1393@cvbnetPrime.COM>, aperez@caribe.prime.com (Arturo Perez x6739) writes:
> How can I set the right margin of the composition window in Xmh so
> that no matter the size of the window lines will always break at 70
> characters?
>
> I've fiddled with Text.rightMargin: 70 but that seems to say "x pixels
> from right edge of window, break line."

Try this in your .Xdefaults:

Xmh*comp*Text*wrap:     word
Xmh*view*Text*wrap:     word

You could also use :line which wraps at the first character.
The first line affects the composition window, the second the
message viewing window.

The source for this information was the XMH man page (for the
Widget hierarchy) and the Xaw text widget man page (for the
resource value).

Don't do this for Text*wrap, as that will break the message
header viewing window of Xmh.

Hope this helps.

| Ken Nelson  (nelson@wrl.epi.com) | No thoughts today, sorry.	     |
| Computer Systems Manager         |				     |
| Entropic Research Laboratory     |				     |
| Washington, D.C.		   |				     |