[comp.mail.mh] Ultrix 4.1 *again*

trost@reed.edu (04/25/91)

Yes, I know this has been answered before, but I don't think I've
gotten a solution I can use yet.

The problem, as we all well know, is that POP doesn't compile
(at least, not with RPOP) under Ultrix 4.1 RISC because something is
missing from libc.a.  If you compile MH without the NFS option, you
get

  Undefined:
  macnum
  proxy
  macros
  macbuf

and if you compile with the option you get

  Undefined:
  _ruserpass	(note that Ultrix cc doesn't supply leading underscores)

One suggestion was "find an old libc.a".  Well, I don't seem to *have*
a libc.a.  If someone could give me the appropriate pieces, I'd be
grateful.  Or, if someone can find a less hacky solution, that would
be cool too.

Thanks (again).

Bill Trost
trost@reed.edu

jch@hollie.rdg.dec.com (John Haxby) (04/25/91)

I sent a longer answer direct, but essentially there
are only two choices:

1. get a fix from the support centres

2. get a copy of ruserpass.o from an old (4.0)
   /lib/libc.a and put it in the 4.1 /lib/libc.a
--
John Haxby, Definitively Wrong.
Digital				<jch@wessex.rdg.dec.com>

iglesias@draco.acs.uci.edu (Mike Iglesias) (04/27/91)

In article <1991Apr25.081258.28590@hollie.rdg.dec.com> jch@hollie.rdg.dec.com (John Haxby) writes:
>I sent a longer answer direct, but essentially there
>are only two choices:
>
>1. get a fix from the support centres
>
>2. get a copy of ruserpass.o from an old (4.0)
>   /lib/libc.a and put it in the 4.1 /lib/libc.a

Or, if you have access to 4.3 bsd source tapes, you can use ruserpass from
there.

Mike Iglesias
University of California, Irvine
Internet:    iglesias@draco.acs.uci.edu