[comp.mail.mh] help: installing mh-6.7 on Sun

<CHANGJ@QUCDN.QueensU.CA> (05/12/91)

I am trying to include bboards option when installing mh,but I encounter some
problem.The READ-ME says such thing about re-configure sendmail:
add the line
     include(bboardsMH.m4)
after the line
     include(localm.m4)
in your site's SendMail configuration file.  Finally, you
should link the file mts/sendmail/bboardsMH.m4 into your
SendMail cf/ directory and re-configure SendMail.
I can't find "include(localm.m4)" line in our configuration file,where should
I put "include(bboardsMH.m4)"?I can't find sendmail cf/ directory either,
how should I "link the file mts/sendmail/popMH.m4 into your sendmail cf/
directory"?How should I re-configure sendmail,the system administration manual
says nothing about it.
Thanks

In article <91131.233032CHANGJ@QUCDN.QueensU.CA> CHANGJ@QUCDN.QueensU.CA writes:
>I am trying to include bboards option when installing mh,but I encounter some
>problem.The READ-ME says such thing about re-configure sendmail:
>add the line
>     include(bboardsMH.m4)

  Unfortunately the MH documentation is not completely clear about this
point.  It assumes you are building a version of 'sendmail.cf' from the
.m4 files in the Berkeley distribution.

  If you don't have the BSD distribution (it is available for ftp at a
number of sites, including ucbvax.berkeley.edu), you will need to make the
changes direct to 'sendmail.cf'.

  Since the new .m4 files mostly contain lines to include, you can always
do this by hand.  The mailer selection rules (RHS begins $# in one of them)
need to go in ruleset 0.  If there was a mailer definition (an M line)
it can go just about anywhere except in the middle of a ruleset.  A
common practice is to put it just in front of any special ruleset it
uses.

  I hope that helps.

  Northern Illinois Univ.
  DeKalb, IL 60115                                   +1-815-753-6940