[comp.mail.mh] X.400 with PP+MH

pp@RUFSUNB.FFM.FGAN.DE (05/13/91)

Hello all,

in the PP documentation volume1, page 3, it is "strongly
recommended" to use the Rand MH user agent with PP.

I wanted to use MH to handle PP X.400 messages, but I
didn't find any hint in the MH documentation how to do
this. All I could find was about 822-style messages.
Is it impossible, what I want, or is there anybody out there,
who managed to use MH with PP X.400 messages ?
Please let me know.

Thanks
     Hardy

ziegast@eng.umd.edu (Eric Ziegast) (05/14/91)

pp@rufsunb.ffm.fgan.de writes:
>in the PP documentation volume1, page 3, it is "strongly
>recommended" to use the Rand MH user agent with PP.
>
>I wanted to use MH to handle PP X.400 messages, but I
>didn't find any hint in the MH documentation how to do
>this. All I could find was about 822-style messages.
>Is it impossible, what I want, or is there anybody out there,
>who managed to use MH with PP X.400 messages ?
>Please let me know.

In the words of a famous clown:

	"Homey don't play that."

(Translated, MH doesn't do X.400)

MH is an RFC 822 based mailer.  PP is supposed to have it's own
implementation for X.400/500 delivery.  Perhaps one year someone
will take some time to build X.400 into MH, but for now I don't
see any conceivable way of using MH for X.400 delivery.  But
the front-end interface is very attractive given that you compile
it with VERYDUMB and use.

I once read that behemoth of documentation and they were
rather vague about MH and 822 delivery.  I do believe, though, that
they gave a sample configuration entry for mh.  I forgot where or
for what because I've gotten rid of the docs.  If someone has
implemented MH on PP, how they did it would make a good section in
the FAQ or perhaps it would be nice to have all of the MH-specific
PP config files in the miscellaneous distribution.

| Eric W. Ziegast     Internet: ziegast@eng.umd.edu |
| Univ. of Merryland  Phonenet: Eric@[301.405.3689] |