When sent using mail, the message arrives on VMS with the correct To:,
From:, and Subject: headers.  (True, the To: field only contains one
recipient, but that's reportedly "fixed in the next release.")
However, MH an message arrives on VMS with these headers:

	From:  HOST::user
	To:	localuser

	To:	localuser@localhost.domain, 2nd_recip@host.domain
	Cc:	cc_recipients@host.domain
	Subject:  test 33
	Date:  Mon, 27 May 91 15:50:54 EDT
	From:  Barbara Graham <bgrm>

	Then the message goes here...

Note the empty Subject: field.  Apparently, the whole heading as it
would appear on the sending SGI host is being included in the
body of the message.  This is nice if you want to know who else
received the message, but the lack of a Subject: in the header on VMS
is a little annoying.

Mail sent from MH (version 6.5) on our Ultrix system using DEC's DECnet
to the same VMS host, does not have this problem.

The current options on the SGI are:
         [RPATHS] [SENDMTS] [SMTP] [SPRINTFTYPE=int] [SOCKETS] [SYS5]
         [SYS5DIR] [TYPESIG='void'] [TZNAME] [FOLDPROT='"0700"']
         [MSGPROT='"0600"'] [SENDMTS] [SMTP] [SPRINTFTYPE=int]

I've tried lots of other variations, too. :-)

I would really like to hear from anyone who is running MH and 4DDN on
an SGI system, whether you've seen this problem or not.  Perhaps
comparing MH configurations could give me some clues.

And, of course, if anybody has any ideas about what is happening here,
I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks.

--
Barbara Graham			Internet:  bgraham@mitre.org
The MITRE Corporation		USENET:	   linus!mbunix!bgrm