[comp.mail.mh] Xmh

frank@mies.ced.berkeley.edu (Frank Goodman) (04/18/88)

I'm looking for either the source or executables for Xmh. I've been told by many, that it is a great X mail tool. Does anybody know where I can get it?

If you have any information please e-mail me directly.

				Thanks in advance,
					Frank.

Frank  Goodman                     |  arpa:  frank@lands.ced.Berkeley.EDU
University of California, Berkeley |  or:    dmgdev@violet.Berkeley.EDU
AKA: THE University of California. |  uucp:  {ihnp4,decvax}!ucbvax!frank

cwm@TWG.COM (Chris Moore) (04/18/88)

You can get Xmh along with the entire X11 distribution from either:
    expo.lcs.mit.edu
or
    decwrl.dec.com
in the files
    pub/X.V11R2/core.src

  - Chris

dwf@beta.UUCP (Dave Forslund) (04/20/88)

From article <8804172149.ab13223@ICS.UCI.EDU>, by cwm@TWG.COM (Chris Moore):

> You can get Xmh along with the entire X11 distribution from either:
>     expo.lcs.mit.edu
> or
>     decwrl.dec.com
> in the files
>     pub/X.V11R2/core.src
>

>   - Chris
Where can I get MH itself?  Xmh is just a shell for mh.
Dave Forslund
(dwf@lanl.gov)

raj@tertius.ics.uci.EDU (Richard Johnson) (04/22/88)

You can FTP the latest version of MH from Udel (louie.udel.edu) or you can
order a tape from UCI:

	We need a check for $75 made out to "U.C. Regents" sent to:
		Attn: MH distribution
		Support Group, ICS dept.
		U.C. Irvine
		Irvine, Ca. 92717

Richard

paul@torch.UUCP (Paul Andrews) (04/25/88)

In article <18216@beta.UUCP> dwf@beta.UUCP (Dave Forslund) writes:
>From article <8804172149.ab13223@ICS.UCI.EDU>, by cwm@TWG.COM (Chris Moore):
>>
>> You can get Xmh along with the entire X11 distribution from either:
>Where can I get MH itself?  Xmh is just a shell for mh.
>Dave Forslund

I was about to ask the same question. Where can I get mh itself?

Thanks in advance - Paul.

In article <2478.577666358@tertius.ics.uci.edu> raj@tertius.ics.uci.EDU (Richard Johnson) writes:
>You can FTP the latest version of MH from Udel (louie.udel.edu) or you can
>order a tape from UCI: ...

We no got FTP and we're not in the States so its a trifle inconvenient to
mail there and back (and pay in US dollars) - though not impossible - as the
delays involved are enormous. Is there anywhere closer to hand that we can
get it or can someone mail (!) it to us?

- Paul.

csg@pyramid.pyramid.com (Carl S. Gutekunst) (05/02/88)

In article <79@torch.UUCP> paul@torch.UUCP (Paul Andrews) writes:
>Is there anywhere closer to hand that we can get it or can someone mail (!)
>it to us?

Check your nearest mod.sources archive; they may well have the current MH. Or
any site with a Berkeley source license; MH was on the 4.3BSD release tape.
Pyramid has version 6.5 in its archive; you can send mail to pyramid!usenet if
you want a UUCP connection. At 1437879 bytes, packet charges from the UK would
be about #115. You can cut that by about a factor of five using a TrailBlazer.

For heaven's sake, don't *MAIL* something as big as MH sources! The SysAdm's
along the way will come after you with a meat axe.

<csg>

pinkas@happy.intel.com (Israel Pinkas ~) (07/21/88)

Does anybody have s et of sources for XMH?  I need a copy for both X10.4
and X11.2.  If you are willing to send them, please send me your name.  I
will request them from the closest site.

-Israel
--
--------------------------------------
Disclaimer: The above are my personal opinions, and in no way represent

UUCP:	{amdcad,decwrl,hplabs,oliveb,pur-ee,qantel}!intelca!mipos3!cadev4!pinkas
ARPA:	pinkas%cadev4.intel.com@relay.cs.net
CSNET:	pinkas%cadev4.intel.com

joel@pyr.gatech.EDU (Joel Rives) (07/23/88)

Speaking of Xmh, does anyone have a fix for the "Create Folder" bug for
the X11R2 version of this useful program?

joel

--
		The thief
		  Left it behind--

shah@gefion.cs.cornell.edu (Amitabh Shah) (03/23/89)

I have been using the xmh front end to mh that came with the X11 window
system. (We are running mh 6.5 on Sun OS 4.0.)  I like it so far, except
that I can not do customization as I could using mh. For example, with mh,
I had 2 kinds of "repl"s, one filtering the sender's message into the
body of the reply, and one without. Similarly, I had one command to do
inc; show or inc; rmm, etc. I would like to customize the menus of xmh
so that I can do all this without needing multiple mouse-clicks or
extensive editing. If anyone has done this, please let me know. I'll
summarize, if there's sufficient interest.

BTW, I do recommend xmh otherwise; it's pretty nifty.

-amitabh.
Amitabh Shah 					shah@cs.cornell.edu .(INTERNET)
Dept. of Computer Science 			shah@cornell ...........(CSNET)
Upson Hall --- Cornell University		{ ... }!cornell!shah ....(UUCP)
Ithaca NY 14853-7501				(607) 255-8597 .........(VOICE)

tremmel@iraun1.ira.uka.de (Wolfgang Tremmel) (04/11/89)

I have problems to install xmh.
MH works correct, but messages composed and sent via xmh are disappearing.
We are using mmdf as transport system.

Please reply directly to me (tremmel@ira.uka.de), because I do not scan
this newsgroup every day.

Wolfgang Tremmel

tremmel@ira.uka.de
tremmel@uka.uucp
tremmel@dkauni0i.bitnet

shah@gefion.cs.cornell.edu (Amitabh Shah) (04/12/89)

My previous posting on xmh seems to have gone completely unnoticed, so
here's one more time.

I have been using the 'xmh' front end to mh, that came with X11 window system
(Release 3). So far I have been happy with it except for a couple of things.

1. With mh, I could tailor my 'repl'ies according to whether or not I want
the message being replied to included in the body. With xmh, I am stuck
with one or the other. Is there an easy way to incorporate this within xmh?

2. 'pick' seems to have no effect. I'd like to create new sequences from
'all' and make them available to xmh. This does not seem to happen.

3. There's no sub-folder facility available.

If anyone out there has used xmh, and would like to share their experiences
with me, pl. e-mail them to me.

Thanx,

-amitabh.
Amitabh Shah 					shah@cs.cornell.edu .(INTERNET)
Dept. of Computer Science 			shah@cornell ...........(CSNET)
Upson Hall --- Cornell University		{ ... }!cornell!shah ....(UUCP)
Ithaca NY 14853-7501				(607) 255-8597 .........(VOICE)

winborne@physics.unc.edu (George Winborne) (03/01/91)

Where can I find the sources for xmh only so I don't have to extract it
from the entire X11R4 tape distribution?
I want to anonymous FTP it if possible.
Thanks
George Winborne

brown@cs.utk.edu (Lance A. Brown) (06/16/91)

>In article <17076@darkstar.ucsc.edu>, de@helios.ucsc.edu (De Clarke) writes:

> Second question.  Am I alone in feeling a little dissatisfied
> with xmh?  Will I get flamed for saying that imho it is *not*
> the best thing since sliced bread?  Is there anything better
> out there in the way of a front end to mh?  Is there a new
> version lurking in the wings?

Well,  I use the mh-e package for emacs to do most of my mail handling.
This package has gotten much better since I started using it and easily
fulfills 99% of what I need to do to my mail.  The other 1% I do at the
command line or in my .forward and .maildelivery files using slocal.

  Lance
--
Lance A. Brown <brown@cs.utk.edu>
  The Crystal Wind is the Storm, and the Storm is Data,