[comp.mail.mh] how to include signature?

<CHANGJ@QUCDN.QueensU.CA> (06/11/91)

Can anybody tell me how to include signature in mh automatically?What I mean is
not signature at 'from' line,but at the end of the mail?Maybe it's a begonner's
question,but I can't find it in FAQ.Thanks.
"from" line,it's that at the end of the mail.

ziegast@UUNET.UU.NET (Eric Ziegast) (06/11/91)

news-server.csri.toronto.edu!qucdn!changj@uunet.UU.NET writes:
> Can anybody tell me how to include signature in mh automatically?
> What I mean is not signature at 'from' line,but at the end of the mail?

There are several ways.

1) The MH way.  In my Mail directory, I have two files that make my
   include my signature into the format of the message.  Here they are:

   ~/Mail/components:
	cc:
	Subject:
	--------

	--
	Eric W. Ziegast         Jr Postmaster - UUNET Technologies
	ziegast@uunet.uu.net    postmaster@uunet.uu.net

   ~/Mail/replcomps
	body:component="> ",compwidth=2
	:--
	:Eric W. Ziegast         Jr Postmaster - UUNET Technologies
	:ziegast@uunet.uu.net    postmaster@uunet.uu.net

   In my ~/.mh_profile I have an entry:
	repl: -filter replfmt

   When I use comp, my signature is already there along with my headers.
   When I use repl, the mhl program takes the body of the letter I'm
   replying to, prepends '> ' to each line and then adds my signature
   at the end (look at this message).

2) Using your editor.  If you use vi, you can use something like:
	map S :r ~/.signature
   to load your signature out of a file (.signature) every time you hit
   [Shift-S].

3) Use your windowing system.  I know that xterm under X-Windows can
   can provide key mappings for the utterly lazy.

--
Eric W. Ziegast         Jr Postmaster - UUNET Technologies
ziegast@uunet.uu.net    postmaster@uunet.uu.net

hardy@golem.ps.uci.edu (Meinhard E. Mayer (Hardy)) (06/12/91)

And if you use emacs with mh-e.el Ctrl-c s will append the signature.

Greetings,
Hardy
Meinhard E. Mayer (Hardy);  Department of Physics, University of California
Irvine CA 92717; (714) 856 5543; hardy@golem.ps.uci.edu or MMAYER@UCI.BITNET

gildea@EXPO.LCS.MIT.EDU (Stephen Gildea) (06/20/91)

    And if you use emacs with mh-e.el Ctrl-c s will append the signature.

That's C-c C-s.  Both are Control characters.

 < Stephen
   MIT X Consortium