[comp.mail.mh] ignore line in my mhl.format

brown@cs.utk.edu (Lance A. Brown) (06/24/91)

Is there any way to add wildcard-like attributes to the Ignores: line in
mhl format files?  This line is growing quite quickly now that I have
revamped my mhl.format file.  Most of these entries are of the form
x-<something> and it would be very nice to be able to just enter x-*
instead of umpteen seperate entries.

Lance
--
Lance A. Brown <brown@cs.utk.edu>
  The Crystal Wind is the Storm, and the Storm is Data,

eo@ansa.co.uk (Ed Oskiewicz) (06/24/91)

I can offer two observations about this:

First, you can have multiple Ignores= lines in your mhl-format, this at least
makes them easier to read and edit.

Second, if you omit the extras line (meaning, I assume, suppress header fields
not explicitly mentioned then the ignores can be omitted).

As an example, here in its entirety is my mhl.format, the lines beginning ';'
are comments:

; Header settings
width=80,overflowtext="***",overflowoffset=5,leftadjust,compwidth=9
; Don't need ignores if extras omitted
;ignores=msgid,return-path,received,status,message-id,newsgroups,mmdf-warning
;ignores=followup-to,posted,comments,x-mailer,delivery-date
;extras:nocomponent
:
body:width=264,nocomponent,overflowtext=,overflowoffset=0,noleftadjust

Cheers,

Ed Oskiewicz

email:	eo@ansa.co.uk (mcsun!ukc!ansa!eo)	ANSA,
tel:	+44 223 323 010				Poseidon House,
fax:	+44 223 359 779				Castle Park,
						Cambridge CB3 0RD, UK

brown@CS.UTK.EDU ("Lance A. Brown") (06/24/91)

I didn't know that multiple ignores were allowed.  thank you for the
information.

Lance