[comp.lang.scheme] Oaklisp

NETWORK@FRSAC11.BITNET (06/03/88)

Date: 3 June 1988, 16:26:54 GMT
From: NETWORK  at FRSAC11
To:   SCHEME at MC.LCS

Did anybody succeed in porting OAK to System V ?
Or to an other cpu than sun/VAX/rt ?
I tried hard with the March and May release and cant have the thing
run. (Compile quite OK. quite)

Jean-Pierre H. Dumas

network@frsac11 (bitnet)
network%frsac11.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu (arpanet)
dumas@sumex-aim.stanford.edu (arpanet)

thomas@gmdzi.UUCP (Thomas Gordon) (06/20/88)

From article <8806031654.AA00871@BLOOM-BEACON.MIT.EDU>, by NETWORK@FRSAC11.BITNET:

> Did anybody succeed in porting OAK to System V ?
> Or to an other cpu than sun/VAX/rt ?

If I recall correctly, Oaklisp is an interesting object-oriented dialect
of Scheme that was originally implemented on the Macintosh.  I do not
know if it has been ported anywhere, but this is the first I hear that
it is available at all.  I would love to play with the Macintosh version.
Does anyone know if it is available?

Thomas F. Gordon		email: thomas@gmdxps.uucp
GMD / F3			phone: (+49 2241) 14-2665
Schloss Birlinghoven
D-5205 Sankt Augustin 1, FRG
--

Barak.Pearlmutter@F.GP.CS.CMU.EDU (06/22/88)

>>From article <8806031654.AA00871@BLOOM-BEACON.MIT.EDU>, by NETWORK@FRSAC11.BITNET:
>>
>> Did anybody succeed in porting OAK to System V ?
>> Or to an other cpu than sun/VAX/rt ?
>
>If I recall correctly, Oaklisp is an interesting object-oriented dialect
>of Scheme that was originally implemented on the Macintosh.  I do not
>know if it has been ported anywhere, but this is the first I hear that
>it is available at all.  I would love to play with the Macintosh version.
>Does anyone know if it is available?
>
>Thomas F. Gordon		email: thomas@gmdxps.uucp

Actually, our implementation of Oaklisp was developed on a Sun, although
I will also run on most any Unix box, and probably on a Macintosh.

We aren't doing any support at all, but AT YOUR OWN RISK you can ftp a
compressed tar file of the latest release from DOGHEN.BOLTZ.CS.CMU.EDU,
user "ftpguest", password "oaklisp", file "oak/release.tar.Z".  Be sure
to use binary mode.  This isn't a real release.  No support.  You're on
your own.

						--Barak.

jeff@cullsj.UUCP (Jeffrey C. Fried) (06/23/88)

   I am unable to FTP or anonymous UUCP, can you e-mail a copy to me?

Jeff Fried                           UUCP: ...!ames!cullsj!jeff
                                           Reality, what a concept!
San Jose, CA, 95134 (clearly work)         San Mateo, CA  (home)
(408) 434-6636                             (415) 349-3744

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed are solely those of the author.