[comp.lang.scheme] Where can I Get Scheme-in-LISP?

pcolsen@super.ORG (Peter C Olsen) (03/12/90)

I'm looking for an implementation of Scheme written in Common Lisp.

I've recently managed to ``cumshaw'' two ``surplus'' Symbolics Lisp
machines where I work and I much prefer working in Scheme to working in
Common Lisp.  Does anyone know where I can get a Scheme interpreter written
in CL to run on them?

Thanks!

+-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| Peter Olsen                   | ``Engineering is the art of using          |
| pcolsen@super.super.org       |   mathematics and the physical sciences    |
| uunet!super!pcolsen           |   to improve the quality of life.''        |
+-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------+

dorai@datura.rice.edu (Dorai Sitaram) (03/19/90)

In article <22343@super.ORG> pcolsen@super.UUCP (Peter C Olsen) writes:

>I'm looking for an implementation of Scheme written in Common Lisp.
>
>I've recently managed to ``cumshaw'' two ``surplus'' Symbolics Lisp
>machines where I work and I much prefer working in Scheme to working in
>Common Lisp.  Does anyone know where I can get a Scheme interpreter written
>in CL to run on them?
>
>Thanks!

how:		anonymous ftp
where:		rice.edu
file:		public/scheme88.sh

--dorai
It may be that the gulfs will wash us down;
It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles.

dorai@helma.rice.edu (Dorai Sitaram) (03/21/90)

In article <5880@brazos.Rice.edu> dorai@datura.rice.edu (Dorai Sitaram) writes:
>In article <22343@super.ORG> pcolsen@super.UUCP (Peter C Olsen) writes:
>>
>>I'm looking for an implementation of Scheme written in Common Lisp.
>
>how:		anonymous ftp
>where:		rice.edu
>file:		public/scheme88.sh

Goof correction time:

The where: field should read titan.rice.edu .
			     ^^^^^

(The .sh extension doesn't mean anything.  It's just a shar file.)