[comp.lang.scheme] scheme biblio.

oz@yunexus.UUCP (Ozan Yigit) (04/29/88)

Many people have sent me additions and corrections for the
bibliography posted several weeks ago. Your help is much appreciated.

Due to my absence for about a month, I will not be able to post an
up-to-date version of this bibliography until June. Until that time,
please do keep sending me any new references suitable to be added to
this scheme-only biblio.

many thanks.	oz
--
The deathstar rotated slowly,	      |  Usenet: ...!utzoo!yunexus!oz
towards its target, and sparked       |  ....!uunet!mnetor!yunexus!oz

oz@yunexus.UUCP (Ozan Yigit) (08/18/88)

In my previous posting, I forgot to acknowledge the contributions
of Ken Dickey, Dan Friedman and Mark MacLennan. Also forgot to mention
that the core of the bibliography was shamelessy snarfed [months ago]
from R^3 Report on Scheme.

Many thnx. Looking forward to additional contributions: Tech Reports,
Articles, Implementation Descriptions, whatever. Scheme all the way.

oz
--
Crud that is not paged	        | Usenet: ...!utzoo!yunexus!oz
is still crud. 			|   ...uunet!mnetor!yunexus!oz
				| Phonet: +1 416 736-5257x3976

oz@yunexus.UUCP (Ozan Yigit) (05/28/90)

In article <2576@skye.ed.ac.uk> jeff@aiai.UUCP (Jeff Dalton) writes:

[I assume this is about the language "definition" as in R^nRS]

>As for Scheme, it still lacks such things as macros, modules,
>condition handling, and even the ability to define new (disjoint)
>types; many people would like to use Lisps that have such features
>rather than wait for Scheme to do it right.

If anything is worth doing right, it is also worth waiting for.

Scheme people do not just add features to the language for the sake of it.
They experiment with these things, and try to carefully select only those
things that make sense and capture the required functionality without
being gratuitous or redundant. It takes time to know what *not* to add.

This seems to be a good time to re-post the scheme bibliography (bib/refer
version). As usual, I would welcome any additions, comments, etc. you may
have. Updates to this biblio regularly appear in the Lisp Pointers.

enjoy...	oz

------------------

%A John Reynolds
%T Definitional Interpreters for Higher Order Programming Languages
%J ACM Conference Proceedings
%P 717-740
%I ACM
%D 1972

%A Gerald Jay Sussman
%A Guy Lewis Steele Jr.
%T Scheme: an Interpreter for Extended Lambda Calculus
%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Memo 349
%C Cambridge, Mass.
%D December 1975

%A Guy Lewis Steele Jr.
%A Gerald Jay Sussman
%T Lambda, the Ultimate Imperative
%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Memo 353
%C Cambridge, Mass.
%D March 1976
%K imperative

%A Guy Lewis Steele Jr.
%T Lambda, the Ultimate Declarative
%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Memo 379
%C Cambridge, Mass.
%D November 1976
%K declarative

%A Guy Lewis Steele Jr.
%T Debunking the ``Expensive Procedure Call'' Myth, or Procedure Call
Implementations Considered Harmful, or LAMBDA, the Ultimate GOTO
%J ACM Conference Proceedings
%P 153-162
%I ACM
%D 1977
%K ultimate

%A Guy Lewis Steele Jr.
%T Macaroni is Better than Spaghetti
%J Proceedings of the Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and
Programming Languages
%P 60-66
%O Special joint issue of SIGPLAN Notices 12(8) and SIGART Newsletter 64
%D August 1977
%K macaroni

%A Mitchell Wand
%T Continuation-Based Program Transformation Strategies
%J Journal of the ACM
%V 27
%N 1
%P 174-180
%D 1978

%A Mitchell Wand
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%T Compiling lambda expressions using continuations and
factorizations
%J Journal of Computer Languages
%V 3
%P 241-263
%D 1978

%A Guy Lewis Steele Jr.
%A Gerald Jay Sussman
%T The Revised Report on Scheme, a Dialect of Lisp
%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Memo 452
%C Cambridge, Mass.
%D January 1978
%K r-report

%A Guy Lewis Steele Jr.
%T Rabbit: a Compiler for Scheme
%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Laboratory Technical Report 474
%C Cambridge, Mass.
%D May 1978
%K rabbit

%A Guy Lewis Steele Jr.
%A Gerald Jay Sussman
%T The Art of the Interpreter, or the Modularity Complex
(parts zero, one, and two)
%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Memo 453
%C Cambridge, Mass.
%D May 1978
%K modularity

%A Uwe F. Pleban
%T The Standard Semantics of a Subset of SCHEME, a Dialect of LISP
%R Computer Science Technical Report TR-79-3
%I University of Kansas
%C Lawrence, Kansas
%D July 1979

%A Guy Lewis Steele Jr.
%T Compiler Optimization Based on Viewing LAMBDA as RENAME + GOTO
%B AI: An MIT Perspective
%E Patrick Henry Winston
%E Richard Henry Brown
%I MIT Press
%C Cambridge, Mass.
%D 1980
%K rename+goto

%A Guy Lewis Steele Jr.
%A Gerald Jay Sussman
%T The Dream of a Lifetime: a Lazy Variable Extent Mechanism
%J Conference Record of the 1980 Lisp Conference
%P 163-172
%I The Lisp Conference
%D 1980
%K lazy

%A Drew McDermott
%T An Efficient Environment Allocation Scheme in an Interpreter
for a Lexically-Scoped Lisp
%J Conference Record of the 1980 Lisp Conference
%P 154-162
%I The Lisp Conference, P.O. Box 487, Redwood Estates CA.
%D 1980
%O Proceedings reprinted by ACM

%A Steven S. Muchnick
%A Uwe F. Pleban
%T A Semantic Comparison of Lisp and Scheme
%J Conference Record of the 1980 Lisp Conference
%P 56-65
%I The Lisp Conference, P.O. Box 487, Redwood Estates CA.
%D 1980

%A Uwe F. Pleban
%T A Denotational Approach to Flow Analysis and Optimization of
SCHEME, A Dialect of LISP
%R Ph.D. Dissertation
%I University of Kansas
%C Lawrence, Kansas
%D 1980

%A Mitchell Wand
%T Continuation-Based Multiprocessing
%J Conference Record of the 1980 Lisp Conference
%P 19-28
%I The Lisp Conference
%D 1980

%A Mitchell Wand
%T SCHEME Version 3.1 Reference Manual
%R Computer Science Technical Report 93
%I Indiana University
%C Bloomington, Indiana
%D June 1980
%K scheme3.1

%A Guy Lewis Steele Jr.
%A Gerald Jay Sussman
%T Design of a Lisp-based Processor
%J CACM
%V 23
%N 11
%P 628-645
%D November 1980

%A Rex A. Dwyer
%A R. Kent Dybvig
%T A SCHEME for Distributed Processes
%R Computer Science Department Technical Report #107
%I Indiana University
%C Bloomington, Indiana
%D April 1981

%A Gerald Jay Sussman
%A Jack Holloway
%A Guy Lewis Steele Jr.
%A Alan Bell
%T Scheme-79 - Lisp on a Chip
%J IEEE Computer
%V 14
%N 7
%P 10-21
%D July 1981
%I IEEE
%K scheme79

%A John Batali
%A Edmund Goodhue
%A Chris Hanson
%A Howie Shrobe
%A Richard M. Stallman
%A Gerald Jay Sussman
%T The Scheme-81 Architecture - System and Chip
%J Proceedings, Conference on Advanced Research in VLSI
%P 69-77
%E Paul Penfield, Jr.
%C Artech House, Dedham MA.
%D 1982
%K scheme81

%A Jonathan A. Rees
%A Norman I. Adams
%T T: A Dialect of Lisp or, LAMBDA: The Ultimate Software Tool
%J Conference Record of the 1982 ACM Symposium on Lisp and
Functional Programming
%P 114-122
%D 1982
%K T

%A Gerald Jay Sussman
%T LISP, Programming and Implementation
%B Functional Programming and its Applications
%E Darlington, Henderson, Turner
%I Cambridge University Press
%C London
%D 1982

%A R. Kent Dybvig
%T C-Scheme
%R Computer Science Department Technical Report #149 (MS Thesis)
%I Indiana University
%C Bloomington, Indiana
%D 1983

%A Pee Hong Chen
%A W.Y. Chi
%A E.M. Ost
%A L.D. Sabbagh
%A G. Springer
%T Scheme Graphics Reference Manual
%R Computer Science Technical Report No. 145
%I Indiana University
%C Bloomington, Indiana
%D August 1983

%A Pee Hong Chen
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%T Prototyping data flow by translation into Scheme
%R Computer Science Technical Report #147
%I Indiana University
%C Bloomington, Indiana
%D August 1983

%A Carol Fessenden
%A William Clinger
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%A Christopher T. Haynes
%T Scheme 311 version 4 Reference Manual
%R Computer Science Technical Report 137
%I Indiana University
%C Bloomington, Indiana
%D February 1983
%O Superceded by Computer Science Technical Report 153, 1985
%K scheme311

%A William Clinger
%T The Scheme 311 compiler: An Exercise in Denotational Semantics
%J Conference Record of the 1984 ACM Symposium on Lisp and
Functional Programming
%P 356-364
%D 1984
%K compile311

%A Daniel P. Friedman
%A Christopher T. Haynes
%A Eugene E. Kohlbecker
%T Programming with Continuations
%B Program Transformation and Programming Environments
%P 263-274
%E P. Pepper
%I Springer-Verlag
%D 1984

%A Christopher T. Haynes
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%T Engines Build Process Abstractions
%J Conference Record of the 1984 ACM Symposium on Lisp and
Functional Programming
%C Austin, TX.
%P 18-24
%D 1984

%A Christopher T. Haynes
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%A Mitchell Wand
%T Continuations and Coroutines
%J Conference Record of the 1984 ACM Symposium on Lisp and
Functional Programming
%C Austin, TX.
%P 293-298
%D 1984

%A Daniel P. Friedman
%A Mitchell Wand
%T Reification: reflection without metaphysics
%J Conference Record of the 1984 ACM Symposium on LISP and Functional
Programming
%C Austin, TX.
%P 348-355
%D August 1984

%A Jonathan A. Rees
%A Norman I. Adams
%A James R. Meehan
%T The T manual, fourth edition
%I Yale University Computer Science Department
%D January 1984

%A Guillermo J. Rozas
%T Liar, an Algol-like Compiler for Scheme
%I S. B. Thesis, MIT Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer
Science
%D January 1984
%K liar

%A Richard Schooler
%A James W. Stamos
%T Proposal For a Small Scheme Implementation
%R MIT Lab for Computer Science Memo TM-267
%C Cambridge, Mass.
%D October 1984

%T MIT Scheme Manual, Seventh Edition
%I Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, MIT
%C Cambridge, Mass.
%D September 1984
%K mitscheme

%T MacScheme Reference Manual
%I Semantic Microsystems
%C Sausalito, California
%D 1985
%K macscheme

%A Harold Abelson
%A Gerald Jay Sussman
%A Julie Sussman
%T Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
%I MIT Press
%C Cambridge, Mass.
%D 1985
%K siocp

%A William Clinger
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%A Mitchell Wand
%T A Scheme for a Higher-Level Semantic Algebra
%B Algebraic Methods in Semantics
%E J. Reynolds, M. Nivat
%P 237-250
%I Cambridge University Press
%C London
%D 1985

%A Amitabh Srivastava
%A Don Oxley
%A Aditya Srivastava
%T An (other) Integration of Logic and Functional Programming
%J Proceedings of the Symposium on Logic Programming
%P 254-260
%I IEEE
%D 1985

%E William Clinger
%T The Revised Revised Report on Scheme, or An Uncommon Lisp
%R MIT Artificial Intelligence Memo 848
%C Cambridge, Mass.
%O Also published as Computer Science Department Technical Report 174,
Indiana University, June 1985
%D August 1985
%K rrrs

%A Daniel P. Friedman
%A Christopher T. Haynes
%T Constraining Control
%J Proceedings of the Twelfth Annual Symposium on Principles of
Programming Languages
%C New Orleans, LA.
%P 245-254
%I ACM
%D January 1985

%A Daniel P. Friedman
%A Christopher T. Haynes
%A Eugene E. Kohlbecker
%A Mitchell Wand
%T Scheme 84 Interim Reference Manual
%R Computer Science Technical Report 153
%I Indiana University
%C Bloomington, Indiana
%D January 1985
%K scheme84

%A Peehong Chen
%A L. David Sabbagh
%T Scheme as an Interactive Graphics Programming Environment
%R Computer Science Technical Report No. 166
%I Indiana University
%C Bloomington, Indiana
%D March 1985

%A R. Kent Dybvig
%A Bruce T. Smith
%T Chez Scheme Reference Manual Version 1.0
%I Cadence Research Systems
%C Bloomington, Indiana
%D May 1985

%T TI Scheme Language Reference Manual
%I Texas Instruments, Inc.
%O Preliminary version 1.0
%D November 1985

%A Michael A. Eisenberg
%T Bochser: An Integrated Scheme Programming System
%R MIT Computer Science Technical Report 349
%C Cambridge, Mass.
%D October 1985
%K bochser

%T Transliterating Prolog into Scheme
%A Matthias Felleisen
%R Computer Science Technical Report #182
%I Indiana University
%C Bloomington, Indiana
%D October 1985

%A David H. Bartley
%A John C. Jensen
%T The Implementation of PC Scheme
%J Proceedings of the 1986 ACM Conference on Lisp
and Functional Programming
%P 86-93
%D 1986
%K pcscheme

%A R. Kent Dybvig
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%A Christopher T. Haynes
%T Expansion-Passing style: Beyond Conventional Macros
%J Conference Record of the 1986 ACM Conference on Lisp and
Functional Programming
%P 143-150
%D 1986

%A Marc Feeley
%A Guy LaPalme
%T Closure Generation based on viewing LAMBDA as EPSILON plus COMPILE
%O Submitted for Publication
%D 1986

%A Matthias Felleisen
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%T A Closer Look At Export and Import Statements
%J Journal of Computer Languages
%V 11
%N 1
%P 29-37
%I Pergamon Press
%D 1986

%A Daniel P. Friedman
%A Matthias Felleisen
%T The Little LISPer: Second Edition
%I Science Research Associates, Inc.
%C Palo Alto, California
%D 1986

%A Christopher T. Haynes
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%A Mitchell Wand
%T Obtaining Coroutines With Continuations
%J Journal of Computer Languages
%V 11
%N 3/4
%P 143-153
%I Pergamon Press
%D 1986

%A Mitchell Wand
%T From Interpreter to Compiler: A Representational Derivation
%B Programs as Data Objects
%I Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes
%D 1986

%A Mitchell Wand
%T Finding the Source of Type Errors
%J Conference Record of the Thirteenth Annual Symposium on
Principles of Programming Languages
%P 38-43
%I ACM
%C St. Peterburg, Fla.
%D 1986

%A Matthias Felleisen
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%T Control operators, the SECD-machine, and the lambda-calculus
%J 3rd Working Conference on the Formal Description of
Programming Concepts
%C Ebberup, Denmark
%P 193-219
%D August 1986

%A Eugene E. Kohlbecker
%T Syntactic Extensions in the Programming Language Lisp
%R Computer Science Technical Report #199 (Ph.D. Dissertation)
%I Indiana University
%C Bloomington, Indiana
%D August 1986

%A Eugene E. Kohlbecker
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%A Matthias Felleisen
%A Bruce Duba
%T Hygienic macro expansion
%J Symposium on LISP and Functional Programming
%P 151-161
%D August 1986
%O To appear in Lisp and Symbolic Computation
%K hygienic

%A Mitchell Wand
%T The mystery of the tower revealed: a non-reflective
description of the reflective tower
%J Proceedings of the 1986 ACM Symposium on LISP and Functional Programming
%P 298-307
%D August 1986
%K tower

%E Jonathan A. Rees
%E William Clinger
%T Revised^3 Report on the Algorithmic Language Scheme
%J ACM Sigplan Notices
%V 21
%N 12
%D December 1986
%K rrrrs

%A Christopher T. Haynes
%T Logic Continuations
%J Proceedings of the Third International Conference on
Logic Programming
%P 671-685
%I Springer-Verlag
%D July 1986

%A Matthias Felleisen
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%A Eugene E. Kohlbecker
%A Bruce Duba
%T Reasoning with Continuations
%J Proceedings of the Symposium on Logic in Computer Science
%P 131-141
%I IEEE Computer Society Press
%C Washington DC
%D June 1986

%A David Kranz
%A Richard Kelsey
%A Jonathan A. Rees
%A Paul Hudak
%A James Philbin
%A Norman I. Adams
%T Orbit: An Optimizing Compiler for Scheme
%J Proceedings of the SIGPLAN '86 Symposium on Compiler
Construction
%P 219-233
%I ACM
%O Published as SIGPLAN Notices 21(7), July 1986
%D June 1986
%K orbit

%A Marc Feeley
%T Deux Approches a' L'implantation du Language Scheme
%I M.Sc. Thesis, De'partement d'Informatique et de Recherche
Ope'rationelle, University of Montreal
%D May 1986

%A Kevin J.  Lang
%A Barak A. Pearlmutter
%T Oaklisp: an Object-Oriented Scheme with First Class Types",
%J ACM Conference on Object-Oriented Systems, Programming,
Languages and Applications",
%P 30-37
%D September 1986

%A R. Kent Dybvig
%T The Scheme Programming Language
%I Prentice-Hall, Inc.
%C Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
%D 1987
%K splang

%A Marc Feeley
%A Guy LaPalme
%T Using Closures for Code Generation
%J Journal of Computer Languages
%V 12
%N 1
%P 47-66
%I Pergamon Press
%D 1987

%A Matthias Felleisen
%T Reflections on Landin's J-Operator: A Partly Historical Note
%J Journal of Computer Languages
%V 12
%N 3/4
%P 197-207
%I Pergamon Press
%D 1987

%A Matthias Felleisen
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%T A Reduction Semantics for Imperative Higher-Order Languages
%J Parallel Architectures and Languages Europe
%E De Bakker, Nijman and Treleaven
%B Lecture Notes in Computer Science
%V 259
%I Springer-Verlag
%C Berlin
%P 206-223
%D 1987

%A Matthias Felleisen
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%A Eugene E. Kohlbecker
%A Bruce Duba
%T A syntactic theory of sequential control
%J Theoretical Computer Science
%V 52
%P 205-237
%D 1987

%A Daniel P. Friedman
%A Matthias Felleisen
%T The Little LISPer
%I MIT Press
%D 1987
%O Trade Edition
%K littlelisper

%A Christopher T. Haynes
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%T Abstracting Timed Preemption with Engines
%J Journal of Computer Languages
%V 12
%N 2
%P 109-121
%I Pergamon Press
%D 1987
%K engines

%A R. Kent Dybvig
%T Three Implementation Models for Scheme
%R Department of Computer Science Technical Report #87-011 (Ph.D. Dissertation)
%I University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
%C Chapel Hill, North Carolina
%D April 1987

%A Matthias Felleisen
%T The Calculi of lambda-v-cs conversion: a syntactic
theory of control and state in imperative higher-order programming
languages
%R Computer Science Technical Report #226. (Ph.D. Dissertation)
%I Indiana University
%C Bloomington, Indiana
%D August 1987

%A James S. Miller
%T A Parallel Processing System Based on MIT Scheme
%I MIT LCS Technical Report #402 (Ph.D. Dissertation)
%C Cambridge, Mass.
%D August 1987

%A Matthias Felleisen
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%A Bruce Duba
%A John Merrill
%T Beyond Continuations
%R Computer Science Dept. Technical Report #216
%I Indiana University
%C Bloomington, Indiana
%D February, 1987

%A Matthias Felleisen
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%T A calculus for assignments in higher-order languages
%J Conference Record of the 14th Annual ACM Symposium on Principles of
Programming Languages
%C Munich, West Germany
%P 314-345
%D January 1987

%A Matthias Felleisen
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%T A Syntactic Theory of Sequential State
%R Computer Science Dept. Technical Report #230
%I Indiana University
%C Bloomington, Indiana
%D October 1987

%A Christopher T. Haynes
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%T Embedding continuations in procedural objects
%J ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems
%V 9
%N 4
%P 582-598
%D October 1987

%A Michael Eisenberg
%T Programming In Scheme
%E Harold Abelson
%I Scientific Press
%C Redwood City, CA
%D 1988

%A David Kranz
%T Orbit: An optimizing compiler for Scheme
%R Computer Science Technical report #632 (Ph.D. Dissertation)
%I Yale University
%D 1988
%K orbit-thesis

%A Mitchell Wand
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%T The Mystery of the Tower Revealed: A Non-Reflective
Description of the Reflective Tower
%B Meta-Level Architectures and Reflection
%E P. Maes and D. Nardi
%I Elsevier Sci. Publishers B.V. (North Holland)
%P 111-134
%D 1988
%O Also to appear in Lisp and Symbolic Computation

%A Daniel P. Friedman
%A Mitchell Wand
%A Christopher T. Haynes
%A Eugene E. Kohlbecker
%B Programming Languages: Their Abstractions, Representations,
and Implementations
%I MIT Press and McGraw-Hill
%D 1988-1989
%O in progress

%A Norman Adams
%A Jonathan Rees
%T Object-Oriented Programming in Scheme
%J Conference Record of the 1988 ACM Conference on Lisp
and Functional Programming
%P 277-288
%D August 1988
%K oopinscheme

%A William D. Clinger
%A Anne H. Hartheimer
%A Eric M. Ost
%T Implementation Strategies for Continuations
%J Conference Record of the 1988 ACM Conference on Lisp
and Functional Programming
%P 124 131
%D August 1988
%K contimpl

%A Harold Abelson
%A Gerald Jay Sussman
%T Lisp: A Language for Stratified Design
%J BYTE
%D February 1988
%P 207-218

%A William Clinger
%T Semantics of Scheme
%J BYTE
%D February 1988
%P 221-227

%A Alan Bawden
%A Jonathan Rees
%T Syntactic Closures
%J Proceedings of the 1988 ACM Symposium on LISP
and Functional Programming
%C Salt Lake City, Utah.
%D July 1988
%K macrology

%A R. Kent Dybvig
%A Robert Hieb
%T A Variable-Arity Procedural Interface
%J Proceedings of the 1988 ACM Symposium on LISP and Functional Programming
%C Salt Lake City, Utah
%D July 1988
%P 106-115
%O Also Indiana University Computer Science Department Technical Report #247

%A Matthias Felleisen
%A Mitchell Wand
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%A Bruce Duba
%T Abstract Continuations: A Mathematical Semantics for
Handling Functional Jumps
%J Proceedings of the 1988 ACM Symposium on LISP
and Functional Programming
%C Salt Lake City, Utah.
%D July 1988

%A R. Kent Dybvig
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%A Christopher T. Haynes
%T Expansion-Passing Style: A General Macro Mechanism
%J Lisp and Symbolic Computation: An International Journal
%V 1
%N 1
%I Kluwer Academic Publishers
%P 53-76
%D June 1988

%A Olin Shivers
%T Control Flow Analysis in Scheme
%J Proceedings of the Sigplan 1988 Conference on Programming Language
Design and Implementation
%P 164-174
%C Atlanta, Georgia
%D June 1988
%K schflow

%A John Franco
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%T Creating Efficient Programs by Exchanging Data for Procedures
%R Computer Science Technical Report #245
%I Indiana University
%C Bloomington, Indiana
%D March 1988

%A Kevin J.  Lang
%A Barak A. Pearlmutter
%T Oaklisp: an Object-Oriented Dialect of Scheme
%J Lisp and Symbolic Computation: An International Journal
%V 1
%N 1
%I Kluwer Academic Publishers
%P 39-51
%D May 1988
%K oaklisp

%A R. Kent Dybvig
%A Robert Hieb
%T Engines from Continuations
%J Journal of Computer Languages
%V 14
%N 2
%P 109-123
%D 1989
%O Also Indiana University Computer Science Department Technical Report #254

%A George Springer
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%B Scheme and the Art of Programming
%I MIT Press and McGraw-Hill
%D 1989
%K scheme-art

%A Steven R. Vegdahl
%A Uwe F. Pleban
%T The Runtime Environment for Screme, a Scheme Implementation
on the 88000
%J Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Architectural
Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems
%C Boston, Mass.
%D April 1989
%P 172-182

%A Joel F. Bartlett
%T SCHEME->C a Portable Scheme-to-C Compiler
%R Research Report 89/1
%I DEC Western Research Laboratory
%C Palo Alto, California
%D January 1989

%A Jonathan Rees
%T Modular Macros
%I Master's thesis, MIT Department of Electrical Engineering and
Computer Science
%D May 1989
%K modmac

%A Williams Ludwell Harrison III
%T The Interprocedural Analysis and Automatic Parallellization
of Scheme Programs
%J Lisp and Symbolic Computation: An International Journal
%V 2
%N 3/4
%I Kluwer Academic Publishers
%D October 1989

%A John Franco
%A Daniel P. Friedman
%T Towards A Facility for Lexically Scoped, Dynamic Mutual Recursion
in Scheme
%J Journal of Computer Languages
%V 15
%N 1
%P 55-64
%I Pergamon Press
%D 1990

%A Kurt Normark
%T Simulation of Object-Oriented Concepts and Mechanisms in Scheme
%R Institute for Electronic Systems Technical Report 90-01
%I Aalborg University
%C Aalborg, Denmark
%D January 1990
%K oopmech

%A Dorai Sitaram
%A Matthias Felleisen
%T Control Delimiters and Their Hierarchies
%J Lisp and Symbolic Computation: An International Journal
%V 3
%N 1
%I Kluwer Academic Publishers
%P 67-99
%D January 1990
%K ctrldelim

%A Pavel Curtis
%A James Rauen
%T A Module System for Scheme
%J Proceedings of the 1990 ACM Conference on Lisp
and Functional Programming
%C Nice, France
%D June 1990
%K module

%A Marc Feeley
%A James S. Miller
%T A Parallel Virtual Machine for Efficient Scheme Compilation
%J Proceedings of the 1990 ACM Conference on Lisp
and Functional Programming
%C Nice, France
%D June 1990

%A R. Kent Dybvig
%A Robert Hieb
%T Continuations and Concurrency
%J Proceedings of the Second ACM SIGPLAN Symposium on
Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming
%C Seattle, Washington
%D March 1990
%P 128-136
%O Also Indiana University Computer Science Department Technical Report #256

%A R. Kent Dybvig
%A Robert Hieb
%T A New Approach to Procedures with Variable Arity
%J Lisp and Symbolic Computation: An International Journal
%V 3
%N 3
%I Kluwer Academic Publishers
%D September 1990
%P 229-244

%A Robert Hieb
%A R. Kent Dybvig
%A Carl Bruggeman
%T Representing Control in the Presence of First-Class Continuations
%J Proceedings of the SIGPLAN '90 Conference on
Programming Language Design and Implementation
%C White Plains, New York
%D June 1990 (to appear)