[comp.lang.scheme] TI's PC-Scheme version

sinyaw@starbright.sinyaw.EBB.Eng.Sun.COM (Sin-Yaw Wang) (09/21/90)

I have the 1986 version of PC-Scheme from TI.  Is there a newer version?
Who (name and number) can I call to get a newer version?

Thanks.

rusty@steelmill.cs.umd.edu (Rusty Haddock) (09/21/90)

In article <SINYAW.90Sep20131946@starbright.sinyaw.EBB.Eng.Sun.COM> sinyaw@starbright.sinyaw.EBB.Eng.Sun.COM (Sin-Yaw Wang) writes:
   >I have the 1986 version of PC-Scheme from TI.  Is there a newer version?
   >Who (name and number) can I call to get a newer version?

Wow!  You do need an upgrade, don't you?  You'll see quite a difference
when you get a more recent version.

The number to purchase the latest from TI is
	1-800-TI-PARTS  (1-800-847-2787)

Here you'll get it for $95 (list price last time I bought it it was)
plus some shipping charges.

Some of the larger mail order software places (Programmers
Shoppe?) offers PC-Scheme for $85 although I have no idea if
they'll have a recent version.  Call them to check it out.
P.S. advertizes in most of the major PC 'zines.

		-Rusty-

--
Rusty Haddock				DOMAIN:	rusty@mimsy.cs.umd.edu
Computer Science Department		PATH:	{uunet,rutgers}!mimsy!rusty

ergo@netcom.UUCP (Isaac Rabinovitch) (09/23/90)

In <26651@mimsy.umd.edu> rusty@steelmill.cs.umd.edu (Rusty Haddock) writes:

>In article <SINYAW.90Sep20131946@starbright.sinyaw.EBB.Eng.Sun.COM> sinyaw@starbright.sinyaw.EBB.Eng.Sun.COM (Sin-Yaw Wang) writes:
>   >I have the 1986 version of PC-Scheme from TI.  Is there a newer version?
>   >Who (name and number) can I call to get a newer version?

>Wow!  You do need an upgrade, don't you?  You'll see quite a difference
>when you get a more recent version.
>Here you'll get it for $95 (list price last time I bought it it was)
>plus some shipping charges.
>...(stuff of discount sources)
As I said before, this appears to be the same Scheme that MIT Press is
selling for $35.  Of course, the manual's in a cheaper binder....

--

ergo@netcom.uucp			Isaac Rabinovitch
{apple,amdahl,claris}!netcom!ergo	Silicon Valley, CA

Collins's Law:
	If you can't make a mistake, you can't make anything.

Corollaries ("Rabinovitch's Rules of Sane Dialogue"):
	1. Everybody who matters is stupid now and then.
	2. If I'm being stupid, that's my problem.
	3. If my being stupid makes you stupid, that's your problem.
	4. If you think you're never stupid, boy are you stupid!