[comp.lang.scheme] OOPS in Scheme

wu@norbo.cs.wisc.edu (Felix S.-T. Wu) (11/15/90)

A while ago I posted a request for info regarding (free) OOPS packages
in Scheme.  I didn't receive many informative replies, instead, I got
quite a few similar requests.  So I am now posting a brief summary of
what I have gathered:

A. OOPS packages in Scheme

(1) SCOOPS
    There are versions for PC-Scheme, MacScheme, and C-Scheme floating
    around.  Both PC-Scheme and C-Scheme versions are available via FTP
    from "linc.cis.upenn.edu" (130.91.6.8).

(2) OOPS in ELK
    There is a simplified version of SCOOPS available under ELK 1.2 which
    is available via FTP from "labrea.stanford.edu" (36.8.0.47).

(3) OOPS in SCIX
    The SCheme Interface to X package by Huss and Ihren has another OOPS
    implemented under DEC's Scheme-to-C.  SCIX is available via FTP from
    "expo.lcs.mit.edu" (18.30.0.212).

B. OOPS extensions to Scheme

There are also languages which are extensions to Scheme that have OOPS
support directly built into the design of the language.

(1) T
    Available via FTP from wheaties.ai.mit.edu

(2) Oaklisp
    Available via FTP from doghen.boltz.cs.cmu.edu

(3) XScheme
    Available from many sources.

I would be happy to hear of any other OOPS packages in Scheme.
--
Felix Wu (wu@cs.wisc.edu)

net@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de (Oliver Laumann) (11/16/90)

In article <11727@spool.cs.wisc.edu> wu@norbo.cs.wisc.edu (Felix S.-T. Wu) writes:
>     There is a simplified version of SCOOPS available under ELK 1.2 which
>     is available via FTP from "labrea.stanford.edu" (36.8.0.47).

Is it?  I haven't found a copy of Elk-1.2 on labrea.stanford.edu (just
the now obsolete version 1.1).  Elk-1.2 is available from uunet.uu.net
(it is in the X11 directory) from mcsun.eu.net (and probably from other
sites as well, but I don't know which).

--
Oliver Laumann     net@TUB.BITNET     net@tub.cs.tu-berlin.de     net@tub.UUCP

mike@ists.ists.ca (Mike Clarkson) (11/20/90)

In article <2228@kraftbus.opal.cs.tu-berlin.de> net@tubopal.UUCP (Oliver Laumann) writes:
>Is it?  I haven't found a copy of Elk-1.2 on labrea.stanford.edu (just
>the now obsolete version 1.1).  Elk-1.2 is available from uunet.uu.net
>(it is in the X11 directory) from mcsun.eu.net (and probably from other
>sites as well, but I don't know which).

I put a copy of 1.2 on expo.lcs.mit.edu in /contrib.

Mike.

--
Mike Clarkson					mike@ists.ists.ca
Institute for Space and Terrestrial Science	uunet!attcan!ists!mike