[comp.lang.scheme] Scheme Reference Book

wa@raven.cad.mcc.com (Wayne Allen) (12/05/90)

Do any of you know of a good Scheme reference book to recommend. I like
Dybvig's "The Scheme Lanaguage", but I feel we need something which
more closely follows (or more clearly identifies) the standard forms
of R3/R4.

dak@sq.sq.com (David A Keldsen) (12/07/90)

wa@raven.cad.mcc.com (Wayne Allen) writes:

>Do any of you know of a good Scheme reference book to recommend. I like
>Dybvig's "The Scheme Lanaguage", but I feel we need something which
>more closely follows (or more clearly identifies) the standard forms
>of R3/R4.

I usually point people to the P1178D5 draft of the IEEE proto-standard;
It's available on zurich.ai.mit.edu.

_Scheme and the Art of Programming_ by Springer and Friedman is a good
general introduction to Scheme; I think that working directly from the
standard is best for reference.

(My .signature should be taken as tongue-in-cheek; actually, the Scheme
standard is my favorite standard of recent times; it's small and clean,
and therefore reflects the language very nicely.  Nice work, folks!)

Regards,
Dak
--
David A. 'Dak' Keldsen of SoftQuad, Inc. email: dak@sq.com  phone: 416-963-8337
"...Then anyone who leaves behind him a written manual, and likewise