[comp.lang.scheme] PSI

dak@sq.sq.com (David A Keldsen) (02/25/91)

daniel@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Daniel Pommert) writes:

>What implementations of scheme are available on IBM RS-6000s?  How do
>they compare against each other?  From whom can they be obtained?

Well, here's a chance to answer two questions at once.  I haven't
been able to find the "what's happening with PSI" question to reply to
that, so...

We (SoftQuad) are beta-testing PSI (Ozan Yigit's Portable Scheme
Interpreter) now, and have ported it to the RS6000 (and we are about to
port it again, since quite a few changes have been made since the last
port).  PSI is small, reasonably quick, and portable, and implements
most of the r3.99rs, including a complete call/cc.  It's been ported to
various flavors of Unix, used with C++, ported to MS-DOS, ported to the
Macintosh (minimally) and ported to Windows3.0 (again, minimally; no
support for co-operative multitasking...yet).

It should be available...er, sometime.  Soon, I hope.

I'm not authorized to speak for Ozan Yigit, or SoftQuad, for that
matter, but SoftQuad does pay my salary, and I have been heavily
involved in extending PSI.

Regards,
Dak
--
David A. 'Dak' Keldsen of SoftQuad, Inc. email: dak@sq.com  phone: 416-963-8337
"I have made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to