[comp.lang.scheme] Scheme

pic@enstb.enst-bretagne.fr (pic) (07/06/90)

================== Call for papers ==========================
Workshop, Applicatives Languages in Teaching Computer Science
Paris, France, March 1991, 20-21
Languages of the Lisp family constitute a fertile terrain to form
the foundation of a computer science culture. In spite of dynamic
research which has produced a number of computer scientists, the
use of Lisp like languages has remained limited in elementary
computer science courses.
The aim of this workshop is to exchange, promote and diffuse more widely
the ways of teaching computer science with Lisp and applicative languages.
We hope to receive papers presenting research on the contribution of
applicative languages in teaching computer science, relating and analysing
experiences using this approach.
We are mostly interested by experiences in graduate courses.

Communications will be selected on the basis of an abstract of 400-500
words in length (in French or English).
The dead line for sending an abstract is november 1990, 30.

Communications (at most 8 pages) will be edited by IRISA RENNES FRANCE,
in a special issue of the BIGRE bulletin.
 The dead line for the communications
in the final form is january 1991, 31.

Program Committee
H. Abelson(MIT), M.Briand (ENSTB, Brest), Pierre Casteran (Bordeaux)
G. Cousineau (Ulm, Paris), JF Perrot (Paris), Andre Pic (LIBr, Brest),
C. Queinnec (Ecole polytechnique, Paris), J.C. Royer (Nantes)
E. Saint-James (Bull, litp, Paris),
 Harald Wertz (Universite de Saint Denis, Paris)

send abstract and papers to :
Michel Briand
ENSTBr BP832
F29285 Brest Cedex France

if any question
pic@enstb.enst-bretagne.fr
briand@enstb.enst-bretagne.fr

DIPRADO@IMERJ.BITNET (prado) (07/18/90)

Dear friend,

   we have installed the scheme on a sun machine 3/60 os 4.0.3.
   We want to know how we can use the editor within the scheme and
if there is a new scheme version with the Edwin editor. I'd like
to get any user's guide documentation.
   My e-mail address is DIPRADO at IMERJ .
   Thank you .
                  Prado

jaffer@ai.mit.EDU (Aubrey Jaffer) (01/21/91)

I have written a public domain scheme system in c that runs on Unix,
VMS, and IBMPC systems.  I will send you the source if you like.

gls@think.COM (Guy Steele) (03/01/91)

    Date: 27 Feb 91 17:45:56 GMT
    >From: Jeff Dalton <jeff@castle.ed.ac.uk>

    1. Scheme aims to be both a Lisp and an Algol-like language....

"Hey, kids, stop arguing!  New Shimmer is a floor wax *and* a dessert topping!"

plogan@dad.mentor.COM (Patrick Logan) (03/02/91)

	Date: 27 Feb 91 17:45:56 GMT
	>From: Jeff Dalton <jeff@castle.ed.ac.uk>

	1. Scheme aims to be both a Lisp and an Algol-like language....

    "Hey, kids, stop arguing!  New Shimmer is a floor wax *and* a dessert topping!"

It also tastes great and is less filling.