[comp.lang.scheme] ATNs in Scheme

caw@munnari.oz.au (Chris Wright) (03/21/91)

Hello,
I'm using Scheme for an AI project in our hospital. I'd like to
use an ATN (not for Natural Language though..!), and preferably one
written using continuations ('cos I'd like to see some real applications
of what seem very powerful constructs).
I'd be grateful if anyone could point me in the
direction of some code (ftp, mailed to me, whatever).

Thanks very much
chris

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
chris wright - a guest on melbourne university
	       if the mail bounces, try caw@munmurra.cs.mu.oz.u

kend@data.UUCP (Ken Dickey) (03/27/91)

caw@munnari.oz.au (Chris Wright) writes:

>Hello,
>I'm using Scheme for an AI project in our hospital. I'd like to
>use an ATN (not for Natural Language though..!), and preferably one
>written using continuations ('cos I'd like to see some real applications
>of what seem very powerful constructs).
>I'd be grateful if anyone could point me in the
>direction of some code (ftp, mailed to me, whatever).

There is a small "ATN Toolbox" in _Programming for Artificial
Intelligence: Methods, Tools, and Applications_, by Kreutzer &
McKenzie, Addison Wesley, 1991 [ISBN 0-201-41621-2].

This appears to be patterned after the ATN design in Winograd:
_Language as a Cognitive Process: Volume I, Syntax_, Addison Wesley,
1983 [ISBN 0-201-08571-2].

Enjoy!
-Ken Dickey					kend@data.uucp