[comp.lang.scheme] Prolog interpreter in Scheme, now available

dewar@cs-sun-fsa.cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Alan Dewar) (03/30/91)

An implementation of Prolog in Scheme is now available from the University
of Calgary.  The following is an excerpt from the "readme" file:

	This package provides a fairly simple interpreter for pure
	Prolog, implemented in Scheme.  It is primarily intended for
	use in students' projects involving implementations of Prolog.
	Scheme Prolog version 1.1 is mostly a pure Prolog interpreter,
	though a few built-in primitives are also included.  Delayed
	goals are also supported, and an interval-arithmetic package
	is included.

This implementation is known to run on Chez Scheme and on ELK.  It is
intended to be portable to other Scheme implementations as well.

The Scheme Prolog interpreter may be obtained via anonymous ftp
(cpsc.ucalgary.ca) in the directory pub/prolog1.1, or as a compressed
tar file, pub/prolog11.tar.Z.  Other arrangements may be possible for
those without access to anonymous ftp.  Questions and comments may be
addressed to Alan Dewar (dewar@cpsc.ucalgary.ca) or John Cleary
(cleary@cpsc.ucalgary.ca).

Alan Dewar   Computer Science Department, University of Calgary
dewar@cpsc.ucalgary.ca

oz@yunexus.yorku.ca (Ozan Yigit) (04/02/91)

From oz Mon Apr 1 13:00:21 EST 1991
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog,comp.lang.scheme
Subject: Re: Prolog interpreter in Scheme, now available
In article <1991Mar29.230912.5072@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
dewar@cs-sun-fsa.cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Alan Dewar) writes:

Thank you for making this nice prolog interpreter available for public
consumption. I am trying to port it to MacScheme and other schemes. I will
include this code in the repository as soon as possible.

>This implementation is known to run on Chez Scheme and on ELK.  It is
>intended to be portable to other Scheme implementations as well.

The construct to "customize" the interpreter is not legal as per
specification for the top-level begin:

   (if elk-compatibility (begin
   	(define ...)
   	(define ...)))

where the intent is to have these defines become global defines.

MacScheme is also griping about other things in the interval arithmetic
package. More later.

oz
---
Not all good things come with three	 | internet: oz@nexus.yorku.ca
pages of dogma and an attitude. - anon   | uucp: utzoo/utai!yunexus!oz