[comp.lang.scheme] xscheme

medlin@csclea.ncsu.edu (Todd Medlin) (02/28/88)

Can someone out there post some information on xscheme ?
Thanks in advance.

---todd medlin (medlin@csclea.ncsu.edu)
   I'm just an undergraduate, my opinion doesn't matter.

gjs@ZOHAR.AI.MIT.EDU (Gerald Jay Sussman) (03/03/88)

You said:

       I'm just an undergraduate, my opinion doesn't matter.

Why do you feel that way?  You have an unhealthy self-image problem.
Your opinion does matter, at least it does to me.

ga@hpccc.HP.COM (G.A. Gordon) (03/22/88)

/ hpccc:comp.lang.scheme / gjs@ZOHAR.AI.MIT.EDU (Gerald Jay Sussman) /  8:20 pm  Mar  2, 1988 /

You said:

       I'm just an undergraduate, my opinion doesn't matter.

Why do you feel that way?  You have an unhealthy self-image problem.
Your opinion does matter, at least it does to me.
----------

maddox@RENOIR.BERKELEY.EDU (William Maddox) (08/11/88)

Is there anywhere on the net where I can FTP a copy of XSCHEME?
XSCHEME is an implementation of Scheme by David Betz, author of XLISP,
a small and highly portable Common Lisp (psuedo-)subset written in C.

I am also interested in any other Scheme implementation that is
freely distributable in source form, easily ported to a 68K Unix
box, and economical in its use of resources (runs well in 2 meg or less).

Bill Maddox
ucbvax!renoir!maddox
maddox@renoir.berkeley.edu

erc@pai.UUCP (Eric Johnson) (08/11/88)

In article <8808102011.AA26849@renoir.Berkeley.EDU>, maddox@RENOIR.BERKELEY.EDU (William Maddox) writes:

> Is there anywhere on the net where I can FTP a copy of XSCHEME?
> XSCHEME is an implementation of Scheme by David Betz, author of XLISP,
> a small and highly portable Common Lisp (psuedo-)subset written in C.
> Bill Maddox
> ucbvax!renoir!maddox
> maddox@renoir.berkeley.edu

The latest XScheme is available on the Byte Information eXchange (BIX).
When I asked David Betz about posting XLisp to Usenet, he wrote that
eventually he wanted to post XScheme, but at the time (about a month ago)
XScheme was not finished enough (in his opinion) for posting. (Someone
beat me to the XLisp posting, so I haven't pursued the matter
further.  When David Betz is satisfied XScheme is post-able, I
certainly wouldn't mind submitting it to a sources moderator. For now,
your best bet is to try BIX.)

I've been very impressed with Betz's work, especially since
XLisp helped me through an AI course (being able to work on
a PC, Mac and Unix workstation with the same program certainly
helped).

What I'm hoping for now is an XProlog.

-Eric

--
Eric F. Johnson          | Phone +1 612-894-0313             | Are we
Prime Automation,Inc     | UUCP:   bungia!pai!erc            | having

caron@polya.Stanford.EDU (Ilan G. Caron) (02/09/89)

I've had lots of requests for xscheme, which I've attempted
to answer promptly etc. etc.  Unfortunately I stepped on my
mail file so I've (possibly) lost some of those requests.

If you've asked for xscheme and you don't get anything say
by next Monday (13/2) - please ask again.

BTW, maybe we should setup a comp.lang.scheme.x newsgroup...
anyone know what the canonic way of doing that is?

--ilan
caron@polya.stanford.edu

jameson@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Kevin Jameson) (02/11/89)

If anyone was considering mailing me a copy of xscheme, please save
your effort.  The disk which I had sent to Dave Betz showed up today
(without postage, torn somewhat, but with readable goods inside).

Thank you David Betz.

am42+@andrew.cmu.edu (Alexander Paul Morris) (10/26/90)

I've been told that Xscheme is a Scheme implementation for the IBM PC.
If this is so, can someone tell me where I can get a copy of it?  Thanks.

  Alexander Morris
  Carnegie Mellon

dumas@europe.cisco.COM (Jean-Pierre Dumas) (03/08/91)

Where can I get the xscheme latest sources ?
What version is it ?
(Last I had, very old, is 0.16 ...)

jp

austin@pupil.cs.washington.edu (Austin Dahl) (04/16/91)

I recently pulled XSCHEME Version 0.16 (January 9, 1989) off of
tut.cis.ohio-state.edu.

Does anyone know of ...
	a more recent version?
	a better place to look for a more recent version?

Austin Dahl

d90-awe@dront.nada.kth.se (Assar Westerlund) (04/16/91)

In article <AUSTIN.91Apr15181541@pupil.cs.washington.edu> austin@pupil.cs.washington.edu (Austin Dahl) writes:
>I recently pulled XSCHEME Version 0.16 (January 9, 1989) off of
>tut.cis.ohio-state.edu.
>
>Does anyone know of ...
>	a more recent version?

We have XSCHEME 0.22 here.

>	a better place to look for a more recent version?

It's available from ftp.kth.se, *BUT* I do recommend you looking
around in the US first, because probably a more recent version will
first be available there and second, it's unnecessary to use the
trans- atlantic link if you can find at some place nearer you...

>Austin Dahl

Greetings,

Assar

Assar Westerlund
Address: d90-awe@nada.kth.se

philbo@dhw68k.cts.com (Phil Lindsay) (04/18/91)

The most recent versions of XSCHEME and XLISP can be taken from
the DDOBS listing service (for free [if you have a modem]). The
number is 1-415-364-8315.  I believe the author of Xscheme and
Xlisp runs the BBS (David Betz).  He is very interested in
obtaining any enhancements.  Many people use the implementations,
but don't contribute their enhancements :-(.
--
Phil Lindsay - "Patents threaten future technology"
Internet: philbo@dhw68k.cts.com  Phone: Wrk7143852311 Hm7142891201

adrianho@barkley.berkeley.edu (Adrian J Ho) (04/18/91)

In article <1991Apr16.145344.12618@nada.kth.se> d90-awe@dront.nada.kth.se (Assar Westerlund) writes:
>In article <AUSTIN.91Apr15181541@pupil.cs.washington.edu> austin@pupil.cs.washington.edu (Austin Dahl) writes:
>>I recently pulled XSCHEME Version 0.16 (January 9, 1989) off of
>>tut.cis.ohio-state.edu.
>>
>>Does anyone know of ...
>>	a more recent version?

>We have XSCHEME 0.22 here.

>>	a better place to look for a more recent version?

>It's available from ftp.kth.se, *BUT* I do recommend you looking
>around in the US first, because probably a more recent version will
>first be available there and second, it's unnecessary to use the
>trans- atlantic link if you can find at some place nearer you...

Amen to that!  Archie sez:

Host gatekeeper.dec.com   (16.1.0.2)
Last updated 12:04  3 Apr 1991

    Location: /plan/lisp/scheme
      FILE      r--r--r--    104171  Jun 16  1990   xscheme-0.22.tar.Z

Host orville.nas.nasa.gov   (129.99.23.7)
Last updated 05:29  9 Apr 1991

    Location: /
      FILE      rw-r--r--    296960  Apr 23  1990   xscheme-0.22.tar

Take your pick.  Good luck!