In article <9104240534.AA15819@kurosawa.ucsd.edu> dbrown@ucsd.EDU (David Brown) writes:

   From: dbrown@ucsd.EDU (David Brown)
   Newsgroups: comp.lang.scheme
   Date: 24 Apr 91 05:34:07 GMT
   Sender: daemon@athena.mit.edu (Mr Background)

   I have heard rumor that someone has created a native code generator
   for sun4's.  I can't find the posting I got this idea from.  If anyone
   has information it would be greatly appreciated.

   I am interested in at least looking at the code generator, and
   possibly adding a back end for the 386.  Does anyone have advice on
   how to approach this.  I have casually looked at the existing back
   ends.

   Thanks for any info.

   David Brown
   dbrown@ucsd.edu

By Scheme 7.x, I assume you mean MIT Scheme version 7.x.  If not,
please ignore this message.

There is currently no back end for the sun 4s, although several people
have expressed interest in porting it, or at least into looking at
what would be involved.

There is, however, documentation on how to write a new back end.  If
you are interested, you can obtain it from

altdorf.ai.mit.edu:archive/scheme-7.1/compdoc.tar.Z

using anonymous ftp.