[comp.sys.tahoe] NFS for tahoe

sjoerd@cwi.nl (Sjoerd Mullender) (10/11/88)

Does anyone know of an implementation of Sun's NFS for 4.3BSD for the tahoe?
Please mail anything you know and I'll summarize what I learn (if anyone's
interested).
Sjoerd Mullender
sjoerd@cwi.nl

mce@pbsdts.UUCP (Mark Edwards) (10/13/88)

In article <7665@boring.cwi.nl>  writes:
>Does anyone know of an implementation of Sun's NFS for 4.3BSD for the tahoe?
>Please mail anything you know and I'll summarize what I learn (if anyone's
>interested).
>Sjoerd Mullender
>sjoerd@cwi.nl

The 3.0 release of SysV for the tahoe is at UNISYS Salt Lake right now
for test.  It has NFS.  When I visited the CCI offices in Irvine last
June they commented that they had been running NFS in-house for the last
6 months.  The 4.3BSD folks at Berkeley have to catch up on this one.  CCI
needs to catch up on the tcp/ip improvements from 4.3BSD.  The grass is
greener on the other side...depending on what is most important to you.
--
Mark C. Edwards             voice:      619/586-2204
Associate Systems Analyst   unix:       mce@pbsdts.pacbell.com

dick@hcx1.SSD.HARRIS.COM (10/14/88)

  NFS has been available with Harris' CX/UX (Dual Universe BSD4.3/AT&T
System V) for 2 years.  (There are many additional neat features and a
two times throughput increase over CCI's SysV, but I don't want to brag
too much.)  Write for details if you are interested.

|Dick Reynolds		     	UUCP:  dick@ssd.harris.com	              |
|Manager OS Development 	       {uunet|mit-eddie}!hcx1!dick     	      |
|Harris Computer Systems	       			     	              |
|2101 W. Cypress Creek Rd.						      |
|Fort Lauderdale, Fl, 33309	Phone: +1 305 973 5330			      |