[comp.sys.sgi] Knitting of Contours

paulc@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Paul Connally) (10/30/87)

     This may not be the best place to post this but here it goes..

        I am currently using an Iris 2400 (soon to be upgraded to
     a turbo) without Z-buffering (but may have soon) and I am
     looking for any information, algorithms, programs, so on and
     so forth on the teselation and/or knitting of contours in 3D
     to form solid surfaces and wire frames.  The data is piped in
     as planes of contours (several to a plane).  Any information
     as to acheive this in the most efficient manner (or any manner
     for that) would be most appreciated.  If there is a better news
     group to post this I would also appreciate knowing that.

                  Thanks in advance,
                            Paul Connally

         "If you love something set it free, If it doesn't come back...
    Hunt it down and KILL IT."

rdickins@watcgl.waterloo.EDU.UUCP (11/03/87)

In article <2218@watcgl.waterloo.edu> you write:
>From: Paul Connally <husc6.harvard.edu@hao.CSNet@boulder!paulc>
>
>     The data is piped in
>     as planes of contours (several to a plane).  Any information
>     as to acheive this in the most efficient manner (or any manner
>     for that) would be most appreciated.

K. R. Sloan, and J. Painter, "From Contours to Surfaces: testbed and initial
results",  Proc. CHI+GI 1987, Human Factors in Computing Systems and Graphics
Interface, (Special issue of ACM-SIGCHI Bulletin), pp115-125

might be of interest.