[comp.sys.sgi] ref. Rion Cassidy & kermit

blbates@AERO4.LARC.NASA.GOV (Bates TAD/HRNAB ms294 x2601) (03/11/88)

   If you want any action from SGI you have to keep at them constantly, more
than once a day, until they get tired of hearing from you.  That seems to
be the ONLY way to get ANY positive action out of them.  They get tired of
hearing from you and they will do anything to stop hearing your complaining.
Voice of experience.

zombie@voodoo.UUCP (Mike York) (03/16/88)

In article <8803111244.AA24175@aero4.larc.nasa.gov> blbates@AERO4.LARC.NASA.GOV (Bates TAD/HRNAB ms294 x2601) writes:

>   If you want any action from SGI you have to keep at them constantly, more
>than once a day, until they get tired of hearing from you.  That seems to
>be the ONLY way to get ANY positive action out of them.  They get tired of
>hearing from you and they will do anything to stop hearing your complaining.
>Voice of experience.

I have to disagree with this.  While we have encountered a few problems
with the Hotline support, we have, in general, found the Hotline people
to be very competent and very responsive to our needs.  In fact, the
only problem that we've had that hasn't been resolved is a problem with
the C compiler on our 4D/60's.  This is supposed to fixed in the next
release, due RSN (we do have a work around).

From our point of view, the Hotline people are doing a great job.

--
Mike York
Boeing Computer Services, Renton, Washington