[comp.sys.sgi] background

BUG@campus.swarthmore.EDU (04/27/89)

We have tried Gavin from sgi.com 's background code.  It produces a pretty,
gourod-shaded screen, but one loses the menu bars, tool and demo icons, and
so on.  One can get the normal window bars back by calling a new shell, but
the tool icon never does come back well without making a mess.  Is there
a way I can modify the code to redraw the things I need on my screen?
Thanks,
              Amy Bug, Swarthmore College (BUG@SWARTHMR)

zombie@voodoo.UUCP (Mike York) (04/28/89)

In article <8904271212.aa22446@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> BUG@campus.swarthmore.EDU writes:
>We have tried Gavin from sgi.com 's background code.  It produces a pretty,
>gourod-shaded screen, but one loses the menu bars, tool and demo icons, and
>so on...
>              Amy Bug, Swarthmore College (BUG@SWARTHMR)

It works fine on our 4D/70GT and 4D/60T's  -- just like a background
ought to.  All the menus and icons are there.  However, it doesn't do
anything on our Personal Iris's.  I haven't had time to look at the code
yet, anybody have any ideas?

--
Mike York
Boeing Computer Services, Renton, Washington

jdchrist@watcgl.waterloo.edu (Dan Christensen) (05/01/89)

In article <541@voodoo.UUCP> zombie@voodoo.UUCP (Mike York) writes:
>In article <8904271212.aa22446@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> BUG@campus.swarthmore.EDU writes:
>>We have tried Gavin from sgi.com 's background code.  It produces a pretty,
>>gourod-shaded screen, but one loses the menu bars, tool and demo icons, and
>>so on...
>>              Amy Bug, Swarthmore College (BUG@SWARTHMR)
>
>It works fine on our 4D/70GT and 4D/60T's  -- just like a background
>ought to.  All the menus and icons are there.  However, it doesn't do
>anything on our Personal Iris's.  I haven't had time to look at the code
>yet, anybody have any ideas?
>
>Mike York

It doesn't work on either our 4D/120GTX or our 4D/20 Personal Iris.  I
just does nothing.

----
Dan Christensen, Computer Graphics Lab,	         jdchrist@watcgl.uwaterloo.ca
University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ont.	         jdchrist@watcgl.waterloo.edu