[comp.sys.sgi] multiple email copies

blbates@AERO4.LARC.NASA.GOV ("Brent L. Bates TAD/TAB ms294 x42854") (07/14/89)

    I keep getting mutilple copies of info-iris mail.  The copies
have VERY long headers with many "Received: from ...etc" lines. It is
almost as if the mail keeps bouncing around the network several times.
Has anyone noticed this?  Any ideas on what is happening?
--

					Brent

kermit@BRL.MIL (Chuck Kennedy) (07/15/89)

There was a mail loop.  I have deleted what I believe to be the
offending address.
	-Chuck

chris@spock.ame.arizona.edu (Chris Ott) (07/16/89)

blbates@AERO4.LARC.NASA.GOV ("Brent L. Bates") writes:
>     I keep getting mutilple copies of info-iris mail.  The copies
> have VERY long headers with many "Received: from ...etc" lines. It is
> almost as if the mail keeps bouncing around the network several times.
> Has anyone noticed this?  Any ideas on what is happening?
>
>					Brent

     I don't know about info-iris mail, but it sure is clogging up
"comp.sys.sgi". It sure makes reading at 1200 baud a pain. I noticed
that most of the header lines contain "From: daemon@ucbvax.berkeley.edu"
if that helps any. I sure hope we can get it fixed soon.

Chris

 Chris Ott
 Forensic Productions, Inc.               Infatuation is blind, not love. A
 Tucson, Arizona                            person in love can see the other's
                                            faults, but loves them anyway.
 Internet: chris@spock.ame.arizona.edu
 UUCP: {allegra,cmcl2,hao!noao}!arizona!amethyst!spock!chris