[comp.sys.sgi] gdb on 4D's

raible@EW09.NAS.NASA.GOV ("Eric L. Raible") (07/19/89)

Has anyone gotten gdb working on 4D's?

- Eric (raible@orville.nas.nasa.gov)

elkins@topaz.rutgers.edu (George Elkins) (07/19/89)

In article <8907182032.AA28300@ew09.nas.nasa.gov>, raible@EW09.NAS.NASA.GOV ("Eric L. Raible") writes:

> Has anyone gotten gdb working on 4D's?
>
> - Eric (raible@orville.nas.nasa.gov)

Has anyone gotten gcc working on the 4D's?

It might be an improvement over the one already here, the
MIPS C compiler, which doesn't seem to support ANSI C.

(I cannot even get it to compile some simple C language
examples in the "GT Graphics Library User's Guide" without
change, due to the way structures are initialized in the
declarations.)

George Elkins

eap@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Eric Pearce) (07/28/89)

In article <Jul.18.20.46.47.1989.753@topaz.rutgers.edu> elkins@topaz.rutgers.edu (George Elkins) says:

>Has anyone gotten gcc working on the 4D's?

  I obtained the latest pre-release of gcc ( version 1.35.95 ) and it
  builds and runs fine so far.

  The FSF has indicated they don't want a pre-release distributed,
  but the release of 1.36 is supposedly very soon.

  -e

 Eric Pearce eap@bu-it.bu.edu
 Boston University Information Technology
 111 Cummington Street
 Boston MA 02215
 617-353-2780 voice  617-353-6260 fax