[comp.sys.sgi] kermit for IRIS

elkins@topaz.rutgers.edu (George Elkins) (07/22/89)

In article <595@noether.UUCP>, root@noether.UUCP (Super User) writes:

> If you take straight Ckermit from uunet or something, then you can compile
> it with the SYSTEM V release 3 flags and it will work just fine.  You have
> to run through the configuration options a a few things:  for example
> the lock directory is in /usr/spool/locks instead of /usr/spool/uucp,

Here is the change I made to the ckermit files.  (Note that Makefile
is ckuker.mak after renaming appropriately.)  The files were
originally from uunet.uu.edu.  I was compiling this on an Iris 4D/120 GTX.

::::::::::::::
Makefile.diff
::::::::::::::
135,141d134
< #  For Iris 4D, use "make sys5r3", but
< #  1. Remove $(LNKFLAGS) from the line that links wart to
< #     produce an executable from ckwart.o.  The -i option
< #     causes wart to dump core when executed.
< #  2. Change the string "char *lockdir = /usr/spool/uucp" to
< #     "char *lockdir = /usr/spool/locks" in the file ckutio.c.
< #
209c202
< 	$(CC) -o wart ckwart.o
---
> 	$(CC) $(LNKFLAGS) -o wart ckwart.o
::::::::::::::
ckutio.c.diff
::::::::::::::
793c793

root@noether.UUCP (Super User) (08/16/89)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.sgi
Subject: Re: Utilities for SGI Workstations
In article <8907101758.aa28643@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> FRASER@ALCANKTN.BITNET writes:
>     Am looking for a couple of utilities for SGI systems:
>       1) an up-to-date version of KERMIT;

If you take straight Ckermit from uunet or something, then you can compile
it with the SYSTEM V release 3 flags and it will work just fine.  You have
to run through the configuration options a a few things:  for example
the lock directory is in /usr/spool/locks instead of /usr/spool/uucp,
or something like that.  But I remember having a a distinct LACK of problems
in compiling kermit.