[comp.sys.sgi] dvi2ps, LaTeX, 4D, Iris

rao@amelia.nas.nasa.gov (K. V. Rao) (07/13/89)

   Has anybody ported dvi2ps on a 4D/240 GTX or a PI?
I am having trouble doing so and would appreciate
any help, including any anonymous ftp sources.

  Also, while trying to port LaTeX on our 240GTX, I
encountered problems with some X11 stuff. It could'nt
find some include files Xlib.h and Xutil.h. Any comments,
suggestions?

  Thanx in advance.

  Please send E-mail to rao@amelia.nas.nasa.gov

   K. V. Rao
   Advanced Turbomachinery Department
   Allison Gas Turbine Division, Indianapolis

rao@amelia.UUCP ("'K. V. Rao'") (07/14/89)

Date: 13 Jul 89 13:23:16 GMT
From: "K. V. Rao" <amelia!rao@ames.arc.nasa.gov>
Subject: dvi2ps, LaTeX, 4D, Iris
Sender: info-iris-request@BRL.MIL
To: info-iris@BRL.MIL

root@noether.UUCP (Super User) (08/16/89)

In article <2503@amelia.nas.nasa.gov> rao@amelia.nas.nasa.gov (K. V. Rao) writes:

>   Has anybody ported dvi2ps on a 4D/240 GTX or a PI?
>I am having trouble doing so and would appreciate
>any help, including any anonymous ftp sources.

The standard common TeX distribution compiles just fine on the IRIS.
You can just compile it withe the BIG option.  It comes with the
entri "dvi" set of stuff, include dvialw which converts to postscript
(the "alw" stands for apple laser writer).

						Mark Galassi
						rosalia@mozart.UUCP
						rosalia@noether.sunysb.edu
						rosalia@sunysbnp.BITNET