[comp.sys.sgi] SUN PC-NFS demon

mlj8e@dale.acc.Virginia.EDU (Michael L. Johnson) (08/28/89)

Can anyone help me with the installation of the SUN PC-NFS system on my 4D80
server?  Most of the system works, but I have not been able to get
rpc.pcnfsd.c to compile on the 4D.  Does someone have this available
to us by FTP? Thanks for the help.

(804)-924-8607                   Michael L. Johnson
mlj8e@virginia.EDU               Pharmacology Dept.
uunet!virginia!mlj8e             Box 448; Univ. of Va.
mlj8e@virginia.BITNET            Charlottesville, Va. 22908

jweldon@renegade.csd.sgi.com (Jack Weldon) (08/30/89)

In article <664@galen.acc.virginia.edu>, mlj8e@dale.acc.Virginia.EDU (Michael L. Johnson) writes:
> Can anyone help me with the installation of the SUN PC-NFS system on my 4D80
> server?  Most of the system works, but I have not been able to get
> rpc.pcnfsd.c to compile on the 4D.  Does someone have this available
> to us by FTP? Thanks for the help.

Use the compile line:

cc -I/usr/include/sun -I/usr/include/bsd -0 -o rpc.pcnfsd rpc.pcnfsd.c \
   -lrpcsvc -lsun -lbsd

Then edit /etc/init.d/network and find the location where the nfsd 4's are
started and insert a similar section for the pcnfsd's.  This has been done
many times by our customers, and should work properly for you.

Jack Weldon
Product Support System Engineer
SGI Hotline

--

Cheers,
Jack			"Elvis is alive and well and living in a trailer