[comp.sys.sgi] I/O CARDS

cloutier@CS.NPS.NAVY.MIL ("m. j. cloutier x2772") (09/27/89)

    We are attempting to connect an 80386 laptop to an IRIS workstation (which
will emulate control signal inputs) in an effort to simulate inputs to an
adaptive control sytem.
    Does anyone know of I/O cards for the IRIS that will meet (or exceed) the
following requirements:

    16   12-bit D/A channels
    10   A/D channels (selectable bipolar(+/- 5v)/unipolar(0-5v)
     1   16-bit digital channel
    50kHz data throughput

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

markb@denali.sgi.com (Mark Bradley) (09/28/89)

In article <8909261825.AA07872@cs.nps.navy.mil>, cloutier@CS.NPS.NAVY.MIL ("m. j. cloutier x2772") writes:

>     We are attempting to connect an 80386 laptop to an IRIS workstation (which
> will emulate control signal inputs) in an effort to simulate inputs to an
> adaptive control sytem.
>     Does anyone know of I/O cards for the IRIS that will meet (or exceed) the
> following requirements:
>
>     16   12-bit D/A channels
>     10   A/D channels (selectable bipolar(+/- 5v)/unipolar(0-5v)
>      1   16-bit digital channel
>     50kHz data throughput
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I received at tip that a company called Data Translation
has a board for $1595 that may fit your needs.  I have
no other info, nor do I know if it even works, but you
may want to call them at (508)481-3700.

					markb

--
Mark Bradley				"Faster, faster, until the thrill of
IO Subsystems				 speed overcomes the fear of death."