[comp.sys.sgi] REDRAW question

pff@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Pablo Fernicola) (11/25/89)

In a program that I am working on, whenever the window gets redrawn the
ghosts of the previous border stays inside the window.

In that window I make use of writemask, but I thought that using it wouldn't
have any effects on a clear() instruction.  Am I right?

Anybody has any clues as to what I am forgetting to do?
--
pff@beach.cis.ufl.edu - Pablo Fernicola - Machine Intelligence Laboratory - UF
		IF YOU CARE ENOUGH TO READ SIGNATURES ...

thant@horus.sgi.com (Thant Tessman) (11/28/89)

In article <21289@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU>, pff@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Pablo
Fernicola) writes:
> In a program that I am working on, whenever the window gets redrawn the
> ghosts of the previous border stays inside the window.
>
> In that window I make use of writemask, but I thought that using it wouldn't
> have any effects on a clear() instruction.  Am I right?

'clear()' uses the current writemask.  Try:

	case REDRAW:
		tmp = getwritemask();
		writemask(0xfff)  /* or RGBwritemask(0xffffffff) */
		color(whatever); clear();
		writemask(tmp);

Have fun,

thant