[comp.sys.sgi] Hardware questions

XBR2D96D@DDATHD21.BITNET (Knobi der Rechnerschrat) (12/07/89)

Hallo,

  can somebody please answer the following questions:

a) what are the differences between the 1MB Simms for the 4D/GT and the
   4D/20 and 4D/25, if there are any.
b) what kind of connector is used for the external SCSI-connection on
   the PI? Is that connector identical to the connector of the "Extendeable
   SCSI Module (HU-XSCSI)" available for the G/GT series. If they are
   not identical, what kind of connector is used for the HU-XSCSI?

Thanks in advance
Martin Knoblauch

TH-Darmstadt
Physical Chemistry 1
Petersenstrasse 20
D-6100 Darmstadt, FRG

BITNET: <XBR2D96D@DDATHD21>

markb@denali.sgi.com (Mark Bradley) (12/09/89)

In article <8912070642.aa16076@SMOKE.BRL.MIL>, XBR2D96D@DDATHD21.BITNET (Knobi der Rechnerschrat) writes:

> b) what kind of connector is used for the external SCSI-connection on
>    the PI? Is that connector identical to the connector of the "Extendeable
>    SCSI Module (HU-XSCSI)" available for the G/GT series. If they are
>    not identical, what kind of connector is used for the HU-XSCSI?
>

> Thanks in advance
> Martin Knoblauch

The connectors are the same.  The terminators are the same, as well.

					markb

--
Mark Bradley				"Faster, faster, until the thrill of
I/O Subsystems				 speed overcomes the fear of death."

* Disclaimer:  Anything I say is my opinion.  If someone else wants to use it, *
*             it will cost...						       *