[comp.sys.sgi] Function Keys on Iris Console

SML108@PSUVM.BITNET (12/12/89)

Hi, the pF3 and pF4 keys on the system console of our IRIS 4D/220 have somehow
gotten redefined to display a string of characters which looks like they
were somehow taken froma text file on our system.  How do I redefine them back
to their old and presumably standard values ?

I am running IRIX 3.2....

Scott Le Grand aka SML108@PSUVM.PSU.EDU

scotth@corp.sgi.com (Scott Henry) (12/12/89)

In article <89345.110324SML108@PSUVM.BITNET> SML108@PSUVM.BITNET writes:

SLG> Hi, the pF3 and pF4 keys on the system console of our IRIS 4D/220 have somehow
SLG> gotten redefined to display a string of characters which looks like they
SLG> were somehow taken froma text file on our system.  How do I redefine them back
SLG> to their old and presumably standard values ?

SLG> I am running IRIX 3.2....

You want to read the man page on bindkey.  pF3 and pF4 now default to
being the same as "copy" and "send", respectively, from the wsh menu.  The
easiest way to get the function keys back to their "correct" state is to
issue the commands: "bindkey -l f3; bindkey -l f4".  Note that key
bindings are *per wsh*, so you will need to do this for each and every
wsh.  The easiest way (if you always want the change) is to put the
commands in your ~/.cshrc.

BTW, I've looked, and can't find any reference to this change in the
on-line release notes.

--
    Scott Henry <scotth@sgi.com>	| Tardis Express -- when it
    Information Services,		| absolutely, positively