[comp.sys.sgi] Stupid NeWS question

butler@BRL.MIL ("Lee A. Butler", VLD/VMB) (12/09/89)

Can anyone tell me why the NeWS/4sight cursor is sometimes red and sometimes
black?  I know it's not due to a colormap change.

Lee

msc@ramoth.esd.sgi.com (Mark Callow) (12/13/89)

In article <8912090118.aa28627@VMB.BRL.MIL>, butler@BRL.MIL ("Lee A.
Butler", VLD/VMB) writes:
> Can anyone tell me why the NeWS/4sight cursor is sometimes red and sometimes
> black?  I know it's not due to a colormap change.
>
> Lee

It's because somebody changed the cursor colormap.  The X server likes
a black server.  Sometimes things happen that stop it setting the color
back to red.
--
From the TARDIS of Mark Callow
msc@ramoth.sgi.com, ...{ames,decwrl}!sgi!msc