[comp.sys.sgi] External SCSI-Adapter on PI and HU-XSCSI

XBR2D96D@DDATHD21.BITNET (Knobi der Rechnerschrat) (12/13/89)

Hallo,

  some mails ago a very helpful person from SGI answered to my question
concerning the external SCSI connectors at the PI and the HU-XSCSI that
they are identical. That was a very precious information for me. Thank
you very much. If you want to increase my debts even more, could you
please also answer the second (or was it first) part of my original
question:  what kind of connector is used? 50-pin-3row-female-d-type,
50-or-more-pin-centronics-like or others? As I have neither a PI nor
the HU-XSCSI (which I ordered) at hand to look at the connector, this
information would be great to obtain the correct external cable for
my brand new disc-box. I probably will also need the pin assignment
(just to be sure both sides have the same idea of SCSI cabling), but
only if it isn't to much trouble for you to put it into the computer.

Many thanks in advance
Martin Knoblauch
<xbr2d96d@ddathd21.bitnet>

markb@denali.sgi.com (Mark Bradley) (12/15/89)

In article <8912130045.aa04811@SMOKE.BRL.MIL>, XBR2D96D@DDATHD21.BITNET (Knobi der Rechnerschrat) writes:
> please also answer the second (or was it first) part of my original
> question:  what kind of connector is used? 50-pin-3row-female-d-type,
> 50-or-more-pin-centronics-like or others? As I have neither a PI nor
>
> Many thanks in advance
> Martin Knoblauch
> <xbr2d96d@ddathd21.bitnet>

It is a 50 conductor `champ' or Centronics-style connector, female.  SGI
also sells an external cable, although such cables can usually be obtained
from your local computer supply store.

						markb

--
Mark Bradley				"Faster, faster, until the thrill of
I/O Subsystems				 speed overcomes the fear of death."

* Disclaimer:  Anything I say is my opinion.  If someone else wants to use it, *
*             it will cost...						       *