[comp.sys.sgi] SCSI connector

zsd@PIG.DREA.DND.CA (Jim Diamond) (12/18/89)

Periodically I see notes here about "the external SCSI connector"
on 4D systems.  We have a 4D/50 GTB which we would like to try
connecting an external SCSI device to.

Unfortunately, we can't find any documentation relating to the
back panel ports on our machine.  Can anyone provide me with
enlightenment regarding where I can find this external SCSI port
(if I indeed have one)?  Any related info would also be greatly
appreciated.

			Jim Diamond
			zsd@pig.drea.dnd.ca

markb@denali.sgi.com (Mark Bradley) (12/19/89)

In article <8912181537.AA04622@pig.drea.dnd.ca>, zsd@PIG.DREA.DND.CA (Jim Diamond) writes:
> Periodically I see notes here about "the external SCSI connector"
> on 4D systems.  We have a 4D/50 GTB which we would like to try
> connecting an external SCSI device to.
>
> Unfortunately, we can't find any documentation relating to the
> back panel ports on our machine.  Can anyone provide me with

On Professional and Power Series models, with the exception of the Power Center
require an XSCSI option.  Your sales person should be able to help you out to
determine what flavor of this you want/need.

					markb

--
Mark Bradley				"Faster, faster, until the thrill of
I/O Subsystems				 speed overcomes the fear of death."

* Disclaimer:  Anything I say is my opinion.  If someone else wants to use it, *
*             it will cost...						       *