[comp.sys.sgi] diffs for rgb -> color postscript

" ratcliffe) (02/01/90)

In article <4709@amelia.nas.nasa.gov> izen@cwru.cwru.edu (Steven H. Izen) writes:

  ...stuff about modifying ~4Dgifts/iristools/imgtools/tops.c to convert an
  an rgb image file to color postscript...

>Oh, does anyone at SGI know whether it's kosher to post the complete source
>here?  Ie, are there any copyright problems as far as SGI is concerned?

Steve: as the "psuedo" 4Dgifts "manager-type" for SGI, i can confirm for you
       that there are no copyright problems as far as SGI is concerned.  this
       stuff is wide-open as far as posting complete versions of modified
       source, comparing notes, etc.  to quote from a piece of the
       ~4Dgifts/README file:

  ...we welcome your feedback/ideas/requests for additions/changes (and even
  bug-fixes)...

       i for one would appreciate the opportunity to see yer complete file
       version (altho i'm not sure where in-house we have any color
       postscript printers...  will have to investigate).  posting it here
       in its entirety would be great.

       i was one of those primarily responsible for getting 4Dgifts going on
       the 4D machines back in 1988 as a reincarnation of the 2/3000 machine
       subtree known as /usr/people/gifts.  altho this was about a year and
       a half late (it should have been planned for/implemented when the 4D
       family line was originally being put on rails in the beginning of
       1987), it was nevertheless a very helpful resource both for user's as
       well as all of us here in support engineering (aka the hotline) as a
       means of more quickly isolating where something might be going wrong
       when someone called in with a question/problem/etc..  since there's
       never enuff time in a day, 4Dgifts' potential as a whole is always
       only about one third to one half (in my opinion) realized, but due to
       time constraints, well, more always needs to be done.

       so altho the ~4Dgifts/README file might not be explicit enuff, we
       DO welcome user's ideas/suggestions/etc for ways to increase the
       usefulness of this resource.
--

                                             daveus rattus

                                   yer friendly neighborhood ratman

                              KOYAANISQATSI

   ko.yan.nis.qatsi (from the Hopi Language)  n.  1. crazy life.  2. life
     in turmoil.  3. life out of balnace.  4. life disintegrating.
     5. a state of life that calls for another way of living.