[comp.sys.sgi] FFTs on 4D/2XX systems

dcarr@kailand.kai.com (Debbie Carr) (02/15/90)

In article <9002121724.AA17444@tom.dallas.sgi.com>, treed%tom.dallas@SGI.COM (Thomas E Reed) writes:
> I'm looking for any FFT software that is available and runs on the
> 4D/2XX products. The faster the better especially if it is parallel code or
> has been parallelized.

Kuck and Associates does have numerical libraries that are optimized
for the SGI multiprocessor computers.  Our SIGpack library contains
more than 165 signal processing routines.  These routines are implemented
with parallel algorithms tuned specifically to the SGI multiprocessor
architecture.  The algorithms include: real and complex vector operations,
integration, interpolation, merging and polynomial evaluation.  SIGpack
algorithms also include parallel routines for basic signal and image
processing, such as: convolution and correlation, complex and real FFTs
(inplace and not inplace), conversion to decibels, and two-dimensional
FFTs, convolutions and correlations.

The CLASSpack library contains linear algebra and eigenvalue problem
solvers.  They are blocked parallel algorithms tuned specifically to the
SGI multiprocessor architecture with an intermediate fast data cache.
The CLASSpack library contains BLAS 1, iterative sparse-matrix and direct
skyline solvers, and a general dense out-of-core solver in addition to
being completely Linpack and Eispack compatible.  Highly-tuned BLAS 2
and BLAS 3 routines are embedded in the library, and will soon be available
as a standalone library.

Version 1.0 of SIGpack and CLASSpack for SGI multiprocessor machines is
currently available.  For more technical information, performance data
and introductory price quotes, please contact Ms. Debra Carr (dcarr@kai.com),
Kuck and Associates, 1906 Fox Drive, Champaign, Illinois, 61820.
Tel. (217) 356-2288, FAX (217) 356-5199.

--
Debra Carr
dcarr@kai.com