[comp.sys.sgi] facilities in syslog

eap@cs.bu.edu (Eric A. Pearce) (03/14/90)

 I'm trying to break up syslog messages into separate files on our Iris 4D's
 (running 3.2.1) - a script will then run from cron and look for bad things in
 them.

 The man page for syslog, syslogd and /usr/include/bsd/syslog.h all mention
 the facility "daemon", but syslogd doesn't seem to know about it:

 # /usr/etc/syslogd -d
 cfline(daemon.warning                   /usr/spool/log/daemon)
 syslogd: unknown facility name "daemon"

 -e

 Eric Pearce eap@bu-pub.bu.edu
 Boston University Information Technology
 111 Cummington Street  Boston MA 02215  617-353-2780 voice  617-353-6260 fax

arc@thyme.wpd.sgi.com (Andrew Cherenson) (03/15/90)

In article <53884@bu.edu.bu.edu> eap@cs.bu.edu (Eric A. Pearce) writes:
> The man page for syslog, syslogd and /usr/include/bsd/syslog.h all mention
> the facility "daemon", but syslogd doesn't seem to know about it:

Fixed in the next release of IRIX.