[comp.sys.sgi] Apple Laser printer support - for DEC ?

doelz@urz.unibas.ch (Reinhard Doelz) (03/22/90)

> >In article <9003202126.aa14337@SMOKE.BRL.MIL> LEONARDZ@VM.UOGUELPH.CA (
> >Len Zaifman) writes:
>
> >How can I set it up to install properly from
> >the system visual administration tools ?? ( I love 'em, but its annoying when
> >they are incomplete ).

> Sorry you think they are incomplete, but Adobe charges us for Trans, so we
> can't include it in the system for free (same goes for Sun, et al.)

> Jack P. Weldon (jweldon@sgi.com)
> SGI Product Support

We have a LPS Print server of DEC on the DECnet. Is there any possibility
known to redirect lp on the decnet in order to spool for the printserver?

We have 4DDN installed. It does *not* work smoothly even though I set
up a printer utility running task to task communication with a symbiont
on the VAX side because the 'copy' using decnet is a mess.

- Reinhard